4.0l radiators

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

tonye
Posts:23
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:11 pm
Location:Camberley, Surrey
4.0l radiators

Postby tonye » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:41 pm

Can any body tell me if a 3.6 pre-facelift radiator will fit a 4.0 facelift :?:
Tony Exall
2004 Jaguar S type R

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

4.0l radiators

Postby poprivet » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:37 pm

I don't know the answer if I'm honest, but I will assume your current problem is a leaking/corroded/blocked radiator?
You may be able to get it re-cored or overhauled by a specialist, either locally or through an advertiser in JE magazine. Let us know what you find, as I'm sure others will have the same problem in the near future and will be interested.
Pop

henry
Posts:19
Joined:Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:09 pm
Location:Aberdeenshire

4.0l radiators

Postby henry » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:41 pm

the name of the national company that recores radiators is "Serk Marston" a google search on line should find one locally

this was discussed on the JEC message board a little while back if you search for "Recon Radiator" there you will find the discussion

cost for recoring was £160+Vat

Henry

Sheepy
Posts:37
Joined:Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:39 am
Location:Leighton Buzzard, Beds
Contact:

4.0l radiators

Postby Sheepy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:09 am

Nit much help to you tony, but anyone in the Beds/Herts area needing a rad recored, I'd recommend a little place in Caddington. Old boy who runs the place has been building rads since he was a nipper. Cost me £120 all-in (and he gave a 12month guarentee too!!).

Sheepy
---------
'66 MGB Roadster

Telsmoneypit

Member
Posts:157
Joined:Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:32 am

4.0l radiators

Postby Telsmoneypit » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:37 pm

Bugger. Wish I'd known that earlier, you could have saved me £39!!! Caddington isn't far from me either....
Cambridge Radiators did mine for £159 inc

Terry
XK8 Antigua blue (with issues)
2005 X-Type Sportbrake (Triggers broom)

2004 X-Type sportbrake, 1967 S type ..and my lost love..1990 XJ-S 3.6 coupe

Graham

Member
Posts:135
Joined:Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:51 pm
Location:Nuneaton,Warwickshire

4.0l Radiators

Postby Graham » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:08 pm

I have had to have my radiator recored and any one in the Atherstone,Warwickshire area should look up Allmakes Radiators who have done a great job on mine for £133 inc VAT and delivery.Telephone 01827 717272.
Graham
1996 4.0l Celeb Coupe 100,000m :D


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest