body colour

Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight

fgw1530

Member
Posts:4
Joined:Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:49 am
body colour

Postby fgw1530 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:15 am

Hi I own "x"type 2.0d S 2009 in IONION BLUE,does anyone know how many were produced in this colour,I have owned this vehicle since Sept 2015 and have not seen another. :roll:

Bellajag

Member
Posts:37
Joined:Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: body colour

Postby Bellajag » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:54 pm

Sorry I can't answer your question. I have often wondered how to find out how many of a certain colour were made. There are not many white x types out there or Lazuli Blue. I had a Phoenix Red x type and I didn't see many of them either.

Jades

Member
Posts:6
Joined:Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: body colour

Postby Jades » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:04 pm

I know this is an old thread but I recently bought a brochure and price list for the Facelift X-Type and Ionian Blue is listed as "available from early 2009" so given that production ceased at the end of 2009 that's probably why there aren't a lot of them about.
08 Jaguar X-Type Sport Premium 2.2D manual saloon in Liquid Silver Metallic with Warm Charcoal full-leather interior, 18" Abaco wheels, Premium Sound, CD Changer and Jaguar Voice.

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: body colour

Postby davidr » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:09 pm

I bought a new X Type in March 2009 and I remember there was a blue that I wanted but couldn't get. It was brighter than the dark metallic blue I eventually ordered. (Can't recall what it was called now).
I do recall that the colour I wanted was only available temporarily as there was a shortage of paint during the global financial crisis and Jaguar adopted a Land Rover colour which I thought really suited the car but couldn't get.
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests