1990 XJS headlining

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

petticd

Member
Posts:11
Joined:Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:45 pm
1990 XJS headlining

Postby petticd » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:56 pm

Has anyone got any experience of replacing the the headling?
The backing foam has perished and the lining dropped. I have removed the lining and the remains of the old glue/foam, however wondered what to use to reseal the fibre glass backing former before I attempt to recover?

Regards,


JED1961
Posts:40
Joined:Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:36 pm

1990 XJS headlining

Postby JED1961 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:39 pm

How did you get on with your head lining ? I tried to reglue mine with a spray on impact adhesive that was supposed to be for sticking upholstery.........it looked great for about a month then dropped again. I admitted defeat and got a brand new headlining kit from a triming firm in liecester....it came with the material already stuck to a brand new backing all i had to do was to recover the side bolsters amnd pillar covers (material supplied ) 3 mths later and its still looking great
good luck Jed :D


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests