Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby dhdove » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:18 pm

Dear All

A Very Happy New Year to you.

For our pre-season trip out this year I am organising a visit to KWE Jaguars in Newbury, I'm sure you all know of them as they have been in the business of upgrading Jaguars for many years now, for those who are not familiar with them here is a link to their website.

http://www.kwecars.com/index.php

KWE carry out a wide variety of engine, bodywork, suspension etc. upgrades or a total rebuild for XJS's and they tell me that they would be delighted to host us for a visit on a Saturday towards the end of February or during March. If possible there will be an opportunity to examine one of their ongoing projects in the workshop and possibly use one of our own cars for demonstration purposes, details to follow. They are experts in the XJS and I'm sure will be able to answer many questions regarding updating our cars for modern road conditions. At present the format for the visit is not finalised.

Available dates are as follows:-

21/2 28/2 07/03 28/03

I know that it will not be possible to pick a date to suit everyone, however at this early stage if you could express an interest in attending so that I can get an idea of numbers and also which date you would prefer (ideally) by posting below.
In the interests of allowing the weather to warm up a little I would suggest a date in March........28th?

There is a local pub that provides food all day, however KWE have offered to provide a light buffet and soft drinks and I think we should accept their hospitality (a small charge may be applicable).

Arrive/depart times will be approx. 10.30/11.00 and 2.30 ish to be confirmed.

I hope that this will prove an attractive outing to you all and would ask that you post your interest by Friday 23rd January so that I can start to firm up arrangements.

Best Wishes

DH Dove
Forum Events Co-ordinator
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
BigCatXJS

Moderator
Posts:744
Joined:Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 am

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby BigCatXJS » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi,
I would be interested. Hopefully, the end of March should bring more favourable weather so I can bring my BigCat!

Thanks, Rich.
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby Brakebuster » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:28 pm

well done Tony

i would be up for this providing i can fit it in round my new shift pattern,



which i dont know the start date of yet, lol


BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

MichaelSB

Member
Posts:409
Joined:Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:10 am
Location:Hanley Swan Nr Malvern

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby MichaelSB » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:22 am

Well Tony

You know I will be there, the end of march sounds good to me also.

I am pleased KWE are up for it, as you know I have been there and it is well worth the visit and Chris Knowles knowledge on all things XJS is second to none.

Michael


Current
Jaguar XK8 4.2S Convertible
2013 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Polaris Ranger
T6.1 VW Campervan

User avatar
Dimdip
Posts:48
Joined:Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:04 pm
Location:Odiham, Hants.

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby Dimdip » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi,

I'm certainly up for it although I'm also tied to a shift system. Once the date is confirmed I'll be in a position to say yea or nay.

User avatar
davidm
Posts:39
Joined:Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:10 pm
Location:Hampshire

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby davidm » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:15 am

Count me in. Chris Knowles has worked on my car in the past, complete rustproofing and underseal job and 'perishables' service, replacing all hoses + other perishables. What he doesn't know about XJ-Ss isn't worth knowing

David
XJ-S V12 5.3 convertible, 1990 - Runs on AUTOGAS... and MGA roadster

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby poprivet » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Nice one DH!

I expect I will be able to make it, any date to suit others.

Pop

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby ptjs1 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:22 pm

dh,

My enforced stay in Leicester is now at a finish, so hopefully I'll be back in the real world for 2009! 28/3 is good for me, count me in!

Tks for organising it.

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

richard44

Member
Posts:5
Joined:Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:07 am

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby richard44 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:19 am

Strongly interested. End of March preferable.

RM

keithbaker
Posts:60
Joined:Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:33 pm
Location:Kent

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby keithbaker » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks, DH

I'd like to come, and will do my best to keep 28/3 free.

Regards,

Keith.
Regards,

Keith.
1996 Celebration Convertible (LHD)

Peterdt

Member
Posts:9
Joined:Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:20 pm

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby Peterdt » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Thanks for organising another visit Tony.

Please put me down for the visit (2 of us) March 28th should be OK.

Peter

SimonR

Member
Posts:578
Joined:Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby SimonR » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:55 pm

Oh wow - that sounds like a great idea! Thanks for organising it...

28th March would probably be best for me because it'd give me a chance to get the big S out of the garage after its winter hibernation.

Could probably manage the other dates though so count me in!

Simon R.
Current cars: [b]1989 XJ-S 3.6 Manual[/b] & [b]2003 XK8 4.2L
[/b]
Previously enjoyed cars: other 3.6 Manual XJ-Ss and Daimler 4.0L XJ40s

jaydev
Posts:50
Joined:Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:14 am

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby jaydev » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi there,

I would really like to come if poss. Hopefully my power steering leak will be sorted (booked into the garage 26/01/09) fingers crossed.

Would you be able to tell us the arrangements of meeting up and stuff closer to the date?

Regards

J

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars - UPDATE

Postby dhdove » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:52 pm

Dear All

I can now give an idea of the programme on the day, though this is subject to change.......

Arrive 11.15 for 11.30 start, Chris Knowles (KWE MD) will give a quick introduction to KWE with video presentation.
Q&A Session - if you have any particular XJS issues that you would like covered please let me know.
Light "finger" Lunch. this kindly provided FoC by Chris's wife.
Visit to workshop with an opportunity to put YOUR car on the ramp for Chris's expert opinion.
If weather permits a chance to drive a KWE demo car. PLEASE FORM AN ORDERLY QUEUE. 8)
Tea, general chat and home. (3.00pm?)

It looks as though Saturday 28th March is the favourite date for everyone, I will confirm this soon if that's OK.

I hope that this sounds an attractive day out, please post here before Sat. 24th Jan. (preferably) if you are interested in coming. At present I do not know if there will be a maximum number of guests but I will let you know shortly (post early to avoid disappointment!).

Once date etc. is confirmed with KWE I will open a new thread for you to confirm your atttendance.

Best Wishes
DH Dove
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

Peterdt

Member
Posts:9
Joined:Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:20 pm

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby Peterdt » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi Tony,

I would confirm I am OK for a party of 2 at KWE on March 28th.

Thanks again

Peter


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests