jacking points

Moderator:cstorey

McBoney
Posts:6
Joined:Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:26 pm
jacking points

Postby McBoney » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi all,

New to Jaguar ownership - got a 1968 420G.

Anyone know where I can get some jacking points? I need LH front and LH rear. Seems they are no longer available... I found a front one on Ebay, but no luck on the rear....

Best
Paul

User avatar
3.8etypephil

Member
Posts:238
Joined:Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm
Location:Watton & Budapest.
Contact:

Re: jacking points

Postby 3.8etypephil » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 am

Hi all,

New to Jaguar ownership - got a 1968 420G.

Anyone know where I can get some jacking points? I need LH front and LH rear. Seems they are no longer available... I found a front one on Ebay, but no luck on the rear....

Best
Paul
Why not make them? They are mild steel and a mirror image of those on the opposite side.
Phil

2013 XFR
2008 XJR

User avatar
piman
Posts:1183
Joined:Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 pm
Location:Oswestry

Re: jacking points

Postby piman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:26 am

Hello Phil,

doesn't Martin Robey make them, I'd be surprised if he didnt? Are they similar to the ones on the MK2 saloon?

Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome

McBoney
Posts:6
Joined:Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Re: jacking points

Postby McBoney » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:31 am

Hi there,

I will try Martin Robey, thank you.

I may have to get them made as I have not got those skills/equipment.

I am told they are different from any other Jag, except the square tube...

Paul

McBoney
Posts:6
Joined:Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Re: jacking points

Postby McBoney » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:57 pm

Actually, having had a closer look today, I think I can get away with simply replacing the square metal tubes as those seem to have rotted away. On the rear it also needs the plate onto which they are attached, but the rest seems very solid.

As I have access to the tubing as well as metal plating through my work, I just need a welder that can weld the bits together, I bet that is cheaper than whole new points as the surrounding areas are so solid.

I'll report back when done.

Paul

340jag
Posts:165
Joined:Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: jacking points

Postby 340jag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:30 am

A little diffrent from a MK2 !
Try Jagspares International ,
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (232.29KiB)Viewed 6595 times

McBoney
Posts:6
Joined:Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Re: jacking points

Postby McBoney » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Thanks, I saw that. More than £300 plus VAT! And I only need the tube section for that area, so I will see if I can get that separately from my workshop and see if I can find anyone to weld that on. If not, I'll have to bite the bullet.

Thanks for the link though! :)

Paul

User avatar
3.8etypephil

Member
Posts:238
Joined:Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm
Location:Watton & Budapest.
Contact:

Re: jacking points

Postby 3.8etypephil » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Hello Phil,

doesn't Martin Robey make them, I'd be surprised if he didnt? Are they similar to the ones on the MK2 saloon?

Alec
Hello Alec,

I guessed that you must be here too. 8)
Apparently not; Martin Robey's Mk X / 420G range is very limited.
The Mk2 ones are quite different, but it seems that he can repair the existing jacking points easily enough.
Phil

2013 XFR
2008 XJR


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest