I've just joined the JEC and also just bought my first Jaguar.
It`s a one owner lwb Daimler 4.0 with 79000 miles. Full service history from jaguar then a local garage at around ten years old. It did most of it`s miles in the first 3 years before the owner retired. I bought it from a dealer friend who bought it from the owner, who coincidently lives round the corner from me and is now very elderly. Always garaged and a lucky find.
It was MOTd and serviced in October and has only done 50 miles since then.
The only thing I can find wrong with it is that there is a slight smell of exhaust fumes in the cabin. Is there a common cause for this in the x300. I`m thinking that if i`m unlucky it could be the dreaded cracked exhaust manifold.
As an aside I did do a search on how many left website and it looks to me like there are only around 1000 x300s left on the road and they are getting fewer by around 50 - 100 each year.
Slight smell of exhaust in the cabin.
Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag
Re: Slight smell of exhaust in the cabin.
Hello emwmarine,
Congratulations on getting your first Jaguar/Daimler,hope she gives you many miles of enjoyable motoring
.
Can't help with the problem you have though(sorry)but hopefully someone will post who knows more about the X300.
Although I have heard of issues with the manifold but there could be other reasons for the smell.
Sounds like a wonderful car,would be good to see her,if you could post some photo's that would be good.
Welcome to the club as well,always loads of things going on.
Take care
Andy
Congratulations on getting your first Jaguar/Daimler,hope she gives you many miles of enjoyable motoring
Can't help with the problem you have though(sorry)but hopefully someone will post who knows more about the X300.
Although I have heard of issues with the manifold but there could be other reasons for the smell.
Sounds like a wonderful car,would be good to see her,if you could post some photo's that would be good.
Welcome to the club as well,always loads of things going on.
Take care
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Slight smell of exhaust in the cabin.
Hi emwmarine.
Welcome.
As far as I am aware exhaust fumes in the cabin is not a common problem with the X300. Rather than a cracked manifold it might be a case of loose manifold bolts/nuts or where the down pipes meet. I hope you get it resolved.
Best regards
Barry.
Welcome.
As far as I am aware exhaust fumes in the cabin is not a common problem with the X300. Rather than a cracked manifold it might be a case of loose manifold bolts/nuts or where the down pipes meet. I hope you get it resolved.
Best regards
Barry.
Current: 1995 X300 3.2 Sovereign in Brooklands Green.
Past:
1996 X300 3.2 XJ6
1996 X300 3.2 Sport
1996 X300 4.0 Sovereign
1997 X300 3.2 Sport
1995 XJS 4.0 Celebration
Past:
1996 X300 3.2 XJ6
1996 X300 3.2 Sport
1996 X300 4.0 Sovereign
1997 X300 3.2 Sport
1995 XJS 4.0 Celebration
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
