Hello
I have only had my 2008 XKR since September and in November on return from holiday the RH indicator was on permanently and flattened the battery. Also the TPMS system indicated a problem on different wheels randomly.
The indicator switch was replaced and seems to have fixed that problem but having replaced the main sensors and all the wheel sensors the TPMS system still shows errors.
The garage folks are completely puzzled.
Does anyone have an ideas please? John
XKR TPMS System
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Last edited by JohnnyXKR on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: XKR TPMS System
From your post I have a suspicion that the garage involved may not be a Jaguar main dealer. If that's the case, unless the garage has either full Jaguar diagnostics or all the Autologic system Jaguar diagnostic modules and an experienced technician, it will struggle to pinpoint the diagnosis. Stating the obvious, XK electronics are complicated. On the whole, they are reliable but when they do go wrong, it's usually quicker and more economical to have the car diagnosed on the right kit than to keep changing components. A lot of the electronic signals go in series via more than one module, making simply changing components an expensive game of chance. Hence, I'd recommend a visit to Jaguar repairer with known diagnostic skills. Both David Marks Garages at Nottingham and XJK at Newcastle, under Lyme have the kit and are brilliant at diagnosis so, if it's practical, I certainly recommend either of them. A visit to a local regional meeting would be another way of finding a recommended technician with the appropriate kit and skill. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: XKR TPMS System
Many thanks Mike
It is at the major independent jaguar specialists that I bought it from. I assumed that they had all the diagnostic kit but I will check. John
It is at the major independent jaguar specialists that I bought it from. I assumed that they had all the diagnostic kit but I will check. John
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: XKR TPMS System
The right kit is half the battle. A good operator is the other half!
Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: XKR TPMS System
Just to complete the story, the garage downloaded the software from my car and got an update. Having uploaded this to the car, it seems the problem is solved. Happy days. John
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: XKR TPMS System
Simple solutions are always the best ones.
Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests