Hi all,
Just joined today. Looking forward to all the interesting things the club has to offer.
Cars in the family:
1964 MK2 3.8
1970 E-type, Series II, 4.2 Roadster (nut and bolt restoration - almost complete)
1979 XJS 5.3
1996 (June) XK8 Coupe
2010 XKR Convertible
Looking forward to Cotswold Festival this Saturday (bringing the XKR and XK8 along) - but weather looks iffy.
I'll post photos of the cars when I work out how to do it!
All the best
Dan
New member Worcestershire UK
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
-
jaglover842
- Posts:38
- Joined:Wed May 18, 2016 11:37 am
1964 Mk2 3.8
1970 E-type Roadster 4.2
1979 XJS 5.3
1996 XK8 Coupe (Built 13th June 96, used as Press Car)
2010 XKR Convertible
1970 E-type Roadster 4.2
1979 XJS 5.3
1996 XK8 Coupe (Built 13th June 96, used as Press Car)
2010 XKR Convertible
Re: New member Worcestershire UK
Hi Dan and welcome
That's an enviable collection and I'm curious as to which came first and how quickly all the others followed
That's an enviable collection and I'm curious as to which came first and how quickly all the others followed
Peter
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL
-
jaglover842
- Posts:38
- Joined:Wed May 18, 2016 11:37 am
Re: New member Worcestershire UK
Hi Rictus,
Only the XKR is mine
the others belong to my father in-law.
I think the order was XJS (new), XJ40 (been and gone), E-type (1996 ish), XK8 (new), Mk2 (2004).
He's bringing his XK8 to Sudeley Castle (Anniversary Avenue).
Only the XKR is mine
I think the order was XJS (new), XJ40 (been and gone), E-type (1996 ish), XK8 (new), Mk2 (2004).
He's bringing his XK8 to Sudeley Castle (Anniversary Avenue).
1964 Mk2 3.8
1970 E-type Roadster 4.2
1979 XJS 5.3
1996 XK8 Coupe (Built 13th June 96, used as Press Car)
2010 XKR Convertible
1970 E-type Roadster 4.2
1979 XJS 5.3
1996 XK8 Coupe (Built 13th June 96, used as Press Car)
2010 XKR Convertible
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: New member Worcestershire UK
welcome
your local region is the Three counties region , why not contact them and pop down for one of their club evenings, not too far from you I don't think
they are also doing lots to help out at the Sudeley event as well ,
pictures can be added by cutting and pasting a host link into the text box and hit preview to see if it has worked before posing
hope this helps
BB
your local region is the Three counties region , why not contact them and pop down for one of their club evenings, not too far from you I don't think
they are also doing lots to help out at the Sudeley event as well ,
pictures can be added by cutting and pasting a host link into the text box and hit preview to see if it has worked before posing
hope this helps
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Re: New member Worcestershire UK
That's the first time I've ever seen anyone look sad when owning an XKR, but I know what you meanHi Rictus,
Only the XKR is minethe others belong to my father in-law.
I think the order was XJS (new), XJ40 (been and gone), E-type (1996 ish), XK8 (new), Mk2 (2004).
He's bringing his XK8 to Sudeley Castle (Anniversary Avenue).
As the for the other cars, you have the best of both worlds - you can drive in them but not pay the bills
Peter
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL
Re: New member Worcestershire UK
Hi Dan and welcome. I'm in Worcs too and going to the Cotswolds Festival. We have an XKR convertible (X100) that'll be on Anniversary Avenue. Maybe see you there. The local meeting Rictus mentions is well attended with a good range of cars and characters and worth popping along to to see what you think. We are among the furthest away but it's a nice run when it's dry. Unlike this weekend by the looks of it. All those beatifully polished cars will be on display caked in mud now I expect. Ho hum.
2001 XKR convertible - Pacific / Ivory
2009 XF - Indigo / Barley
2009 XF - Indigo / Barley
-
jaglover842
- Posts:38
- Joined:Wed May 18, 2016 11:37 am
Re: New member Worcestershire UK
gsxr1000,
Good to hear there are more JEC people close(ish) by. I'm sure I'll get along to one of the Much Marcle meetings - used to play cricket around that area.
I'm sure we will also meet up at Sudeley - that is if we can all see where we are going for the umbrellas! I have no idea how many cars are in the Anniversary Avenue line up or what the spread across the different builds is - first attendance at a JEC event.
Maybe I can bring a Toyota Hilux 4x4 instead and make a killing towing everyone out of the mud
Do you want to send me a PM with your VRN so I can spot you - sounds like a nice car you have there?
Good to hear there are more JEC people close(ish) by. I'm sure I'll get along to one of the Much Marcle meetings - used to play cricket around that area.
I'm sure we will also meet up at Sudeley - that is if we can all see where we are going for the umbrellas! I have no idea how many cars are in the Anniversary Avenue line up or what the spread across the different builds is - first attendance at a JEC event.
Maybe I can bring a Toyota Hilux 4x4 instead and make a killing towing everyone out of the mud
Do you want to send me a PM with your VRN so I can spot you - sounds like a nice car you have there?
1964 Mk2 3.8
1970 E-type Roadster 4.2
1979 XJS 5.3
1996 XK8 Coupe (Built 13th June 96, used as Press Car)
2010 XKR Convertible
1970 E-type Roadster 4.2
1979 XJS 5.3
1996 XK8 Coupe (Built 13th June 96, used as Press Car)
2010 XKR Convertible
Re: New member Worcestershire UK
Just re-read the post and spotted it was brake buster who mentioned the local meetings. Sorry buddy. 
2001 XKR convertible - Pacific / Ivory
2009 XF - Indigo / Barley
2009 XF - Indigo / Barley
Re: New member Worcestershire UK
Both Vince (Brake Buster) and I arrange breakfast meets so you have plenty of excuse to take a regular Saturday morning driveJust re-read the post and spotted it was brake buster who mentioned the local meetings. Sorry buddy.
On the first Saturday of the month it's at the Motor Museum, Gaydon and the last Saturday is at the excellent AV8 café, Cotswold Airport.
Peter
Peter
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL
1963 Mark 2 3.4
2005 XK8 4.2-S Convertible
2009 XF 3.0D PL
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: New member Worcestershire UK
Don't forget to come across to the Forum stand at Sudeley and introduce yourself whilst talking about your cars. It's always good to put names to faces.
Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
-
jaglover842
- Posts:38
- Joined:Wed May 18, 2016 11:37 am
Re: New member Worcestershire UK
Thanks all,
Will search out the Forum stand and have a chat.
Yep - went to the last Breakfast meet at Gaydon, got there too late to park on the grass.
The tour of the Collection and museum was fantastic.
I'll try and post a couple of pics later today - XK8, XKR and Mk2.
Will search out the Forum stand and have a chat.
Yep - went to the last Breakfast meet at Gaydon, got there too late to park on the grass.
The tour of the Collection and museum was fantastic.
I'll try and post a couple of pics later today - XK8, XKR and Mk2.
1964 Mk2 3.8
1970 E-type Roadster 4.2
1979 XJS 5.3
1996 XK8 Coupe (Built 13th June 96, used as Press Car)
2010 XKR Convertible
1970 E-type Roadster 4.2
1979 XJS 5.3
1996 XK8 Coupe (Built 13th June 96, used as Press Car)
2010 XKR Convertible
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests