Veneer

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

lilium
Posts:18
Joined:Sun May 20, 2012 9:01 pm
Veneer

Postby lilium » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:52 am

Hi there, could anybody tell me where it is possible to buy Elm burr veneer as time has come to replaced mine
Many thanks Darren

PPV

Member
Posts:639
Joined:Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 pm
Location:Nantwich

Re: Veneer

Postby PPV » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:26 am

Hi, I am not sure where you are but near to me (Nantwich, Cheshire) is a very good supplier (bearing in mind Bentley is just down the road) and the website is:
http://www.nantwichveneers.com/nantwichveneers/
They are on e-bay also.
I have no experience of elm burr veneer but have used walnut on my Jag.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Paul
Paul V
Mk2 3.8
Nissan Micra K13
Porsche Macan S

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Veneer

Postby ptjs1 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:36 am

Darren,

If you contact Paul at Myrtle, they will be able to supply the correct matched veneers for you.

http://www.myrtleltd.com/jaguar-daimler ... 66_78.html

Good luck

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Veneer

Postby davidr » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm

I have an elm veneer set for a late convertible. New and unused. What year is your car?
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

lilium
Posts:18
Joined:Sun May 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: Veneer

Postby lilium » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:53 am

Hi David, I have two that need doing one is a 1987 xjsc and the other is a 1990 fhc.

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Veneer

Postby davidr » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:26 pm

The one I have is for a later model with airbag so no good for you I'm afraid.
Paul at Myrtle made it for me when I was getting my Celebration back on the road. It's a lovely piece of work but I decided that as the restoration of my car was going so well that I should have a change of heart and keep it original so I had my woodwork restored by Nick Martin (07977 741889). He did a lovely job.
He also recently did the steering wheel for me and all the wood from my XKR - again a beautiful job.
The cost of new would be about £500 I think for a whole set and restoration of your existing set would be just over half that at a guess.
Nick is worth a call. The wood from the Celebration was pretty poor before he got his hands on it. He had to repair cracks and even some missing veneer where it got water damaged. Well you can't even see the repair now!
Hope that helps
David

lilium
Posts:18
Joined:Sun May 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: Veneer

Postby lilium » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Many thanks for your help David, I will give him a call.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests