An odd one, a couple of times now when warm its reluctant to engage gear. Move the stick to D - nothing happens, move to R still nothing. Move back to D and after maybe 30 seconds it engages.
The box works fine other then that, has never done it when cold. I thought the level may be low which it wasn't but added a bit more fluid to be sure, problem still there. The fluid is nice and pink and the filter renewed a couple of years ago, not many thousands of miles done since.
Not a problem as long as it does eventually engage but I'm wondering if the A clutch is on its way out.
ZF Auto misbehaving
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Re: ZF Auto misbehaving
I thought I should update this post as its been a while.
I'm please to report that since adding a bit more fluid the gearbox problem has not come back. The fluid is above the level on the dipstick but there are no signs of leakage.
Maybe I need a shorter dipstick.
I'm please to report that since adding a bit more fluid the gearbox problem has not come back. The fluid is above the level on the dipstick but there are no signs of leakage.
Maybe I need a shorter dipstick.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
