Well these dont come along all that often, now where is my lottery ticket?
http://www.classicandsportscar.com/clas ... peed/58478
James
Dreams are made of these
Moderator:LJR
Re: Dreams are made of these
oh WOW, I watched these things in the 70's when they raced, awesome, just bloody awesome, the 1977 TT Derek Bell/Andy Rouse and John Fitzpatrick/Tim Schenken ) if my memory is correct) filled the front row at Silverstone, standing at Copse Corner on the second lap we thought there had been an accident on the first lap as the Jags were SO far ahead, a huge cheer went up, sadly it was not to be , one car shed a wheel at Becketts and the other finsished 4th I believe, I stand to be corrected on these memories. This may be the car that went into private ownership in Scotland, any one know??, there is also a replica being built as we speak
88 3.6 XJ40 EX JDHT
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK
Re: Dreams are made of these
here's one in action, looking at the sleepers and background banking, I would hazard a guess at Silverstone
those were the days
those were the days
Re: Dreams are made of these
I bought a lot of the parts left over from the Rouse car package may years ago. Ken Bell bought the steering rack off me some years ago for a race project. Sadly a lot of the bits ended up getting the skip treatment as they were out of usable date for racing. From what I can tell they are still super fast and just as unreliable as ever!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

