I guess, like most of you guys, my Daimler V8 is my pride and joy.
Whilst she is almost perfect mechanically, having undergone a complete refurb (all steering, supension, brakes etc overhauled, painted and refitted with new nuts/bolts/washers and mounts) there are a few marks on the body. I'll try and post some pics, but it might be next week.
I was thinking of entering her in the Pride and Joy class at this years Northern Day but I'm unsure of the criteria. Can anyone expand on this as I would expect there to be far better (but maybe not cleaner on the underside) examples than mine.
I don't want to look silly or like the poor relation!
Cheers
Pride and Joy
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
Don't recall the 'Pride & Joy' competitors at Thoresby Hall last year being 'concours queens' - nor should they. My Mk2 wouldn't exactly make the final at Pebble Beach, but it's certainly my pride and joy.
A Daimler V8 is a Beautiful Thing; you're never going to look silly or be the poor relation if you own one!
Cheers,
A Daimler V8 is a Beautiful Thing; you're never going to look silly or be the poor relation if you own one!
Cheers,
Neil
Mk2 3.8; X350 4.2SE
Mk2 3.8; X350 4.2SE
Neil
Thanks for the vote of confidence, I might just give it a go.
Who knows maybe I'll see you there?
In the meantime you should be able to see some picures on this link to picassa.
(I have just completed the underside. On the top the chrome is excellent, the paint shines but shows some bubbles.)
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Daimlerbo ... directlink
Cheers
Thanks for the vote of confidence, I might just give it a go.
Who knows maybe I'll see you there?
In the meantime you should be able to see some picures on this link to picassa.
(I have just completed the underside. On the top the chrome is excellent, the paint shines but shows some bubbles.)
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Daimlerbo ... directlink
Cheers
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
pride and joy
Hi,
Just wanted to say the pride and joy competition is exactly that, its a competition aimed at people who enjoy their cars and like to keep them nice, but also use them. I think your daimler would be a great entry into the pride and joy competition. Look at it more as more of a "come and look at my car so we can talk about all the cars" competition
Just wanted to say the pride and joy competition is exactly that, its a competition aimed at people who enjoy their cars and like to keep them nice, but also use them. I think your daimler would be a great entry into the pride and joy competition. Look at it more as more of a "come and look at my car so we can talk about all the cars" competition
All
Just got back from a great day out at Newby Hall, car ran like a dream (aprox 240 motorway miles).
What a fantastic selection of cars, all deserved the title 'Pride and Joy'.
In general a great venue and a well organised event, we met old friends and made plenty of new ones, we hope to be back again next year!
Thanks to all for making it a great day.
Regards
Paul
Just got back from a great day out at Newby Hall, car ran like a dream (aprox 240 motorway miles).
What a fantastic selection of cars, all deserved the title 'Pride and Joy'.
In general a great venue and a well organised event, we met old friends and made plenty of new ones, we hope to be back again next year!
Thanks to all for making it a great day.
Regards
Paul
Hello Paul.
Good to meet you yeaterday at Newby.
Michael Clifton and I should have taken some pics of your car on the motorway for you. Sorry we didn`t, but we had been travelling since 2am and coffee was the only thing on our minds.
Your car looks fantastic. The pics you posted don`t really do it credit. Lovely car which you should be very proud of.
Arrived back at base here at 11pm last night. Shattered. It is a long way in a day.
Credit also to Sue and her team for organising another great show.
Mike. S-type Co-ordinator.
Good to meet you yeaterday at Newby.
Michael Clifton and I should have taken some pics of your car on the motorway for you. Sorry we didn`t, but we had been travelling since 2am and coffee was the only thing on our minds.
Your car looks fantastic. The pics you posted don`t really do it credit. Lovely car which you should be very proud of.
Arrived back at base here at 11pm last night. Shattered. It is a long way in a day.
Credit also to Sue and her team for organising another great show.
Mike. S-type Co-ordinator.
Re: Pride and Joy
Hi
I was just keeping an eye on prices and looking through the dreaded ebay I saw this car (Link below)
From my recollection this is the same car that won the Newby Hall pride and joy competition - It's spec and location, North Yorkshire, appear correct. More disappointing, from our point of view, is that it is described as a 'multi award winning' car! It may sound like sour grapes but we did say it was in the wrong category when we saw it and then the judges started checking our panel gaps. Perhaps if we had spent in excess of £40K and not driven our cars we could have been in with a shout!!!
Any way, I like to think my car represents my personality - not perfect but plenty of fun
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1963-JAGUAR-MK-II ... mobiles_UK
I was just keeping an eye on prices and looking through the dreaded ebay I saw this car (Link below)
From my recollection this is the same car that won the Newby Hall pride and joy competition - It's spec and location, North Yorkshire, appear correct. More disappointing, from our point of view, is that it is described as a 'multi award winning' car! It may sound like sour grapes but we did say it was in the wrong category when we saw it and then the judges started checking our panel gaps. Perhaps if we had spent in excess of £40K and not driven our cars we could have been in with a shout!!!
Any way, I like to think my car represents my personality - not perfect but plenty of fun
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1963-JAGUAR-MK-II ... mobiles_UK
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

