Mark 2 Interior mirror

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

neilcampbell
Posts:59
Joined:Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:23 pm
Mark 2 Interior mirror

Postby neilcampbell » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi Folks, The stem of my interior mirror is in need of re-chroming. I see on some of the Ebay adverts that 'the stem' has been re-chromed but I cannot see how to get the stem separated from the base of the mirror (that is the 'ball and socket'). Can anyone assist please?

Again many thanks for the informative support.

Neil

Martec

Member
Posts:981
Joined:Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:08 pm
Location:North Lincs

Postby Martec » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi Neil,

I'm in the same boat and assumed I would have to buy a complete mirror and stem, particularly as my mirror is not so good now.

Brian

User avatar
JAGAZ

Member
Posts:168
Joined:Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:11 pm
Location:Manchester

Postby JAGAZ » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:26 pm

I have had mine apart in the past ,so will attack it this weekend and take some pics to post on here this weekend.

colin6377

Member
Posts:17
Joined:Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:18 pm

Mk2 Mirror

Postby colin6377 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:14 pm

If you take a strong thin bladed knife and insert along the length carefully along the top or bottom of the mirror glass, the glass can be prised from the mirror casing.Be careful not to exert to much pressure as you can chip the mirror or damage the casing as the metal is very thin! With the glass removed you will have easy access to the fixings which hold the stalk in place. Be sure to take note of how it is assembled as you may well forget by the time you get the stalk back from the chromers. I have used this method on numerous occasions building a good mirror with components from 2/3 others. I hope this is of some help. Colin.

neilcampbell
Posts:59
Joined:Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Re mirror,

Postby neilcampbell » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:02 pm

Many thanks Folks/Colin, sounds tricky but will have a go.

Neil

colin6377

Member
Posts:17
Joined:Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:18 pm

Postby colin6377 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Neil, It is easier than you would think,It just takes a bit of confidence and a little dexterity which I am sure you have in spades on both counts! Let me know how you go! Colin.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests