Hi
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a place to buy rear springs from.. I have a 93 Facelift XJS, and the rear sits a tad low... I wanted to get up-rated springs, if poss, as I have two LPG tanks in the boot, and the extra weight don't help!! I am also going to change the shocks whilst at it!!..
Thanks Vince..
Rear Springs
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Rear Springs
Try Classic Spares Limited - 01992 716236
Robin
Robin
Rear Springs
Vince
springs are available from most of the jag classic car suppliers try David manners they have a great website, and i've found them to be very helpfull and competitively priced, rear springs for the XJS are just over £14 each the following link should get you there
http://www.jagspares.co.uk/home.asp
If you want to adjust the height of the ride you might consider a set of GAZ shockabsorbers with the screw adjustment on the body for adjusting the ride height, you can also adjust the stiffness of the dmpers as well not cheap but the easiest way of adjusting the height, that way you may net need new springs
http://www.gaz-shocks.com/
you could also increase the ride height of the car by fitting a spacer between the spring and the mounting on the shock, this was done on the rear shockabsorbers for the series 1&2 E Type jaguar cars to adjust the ride height whilst using standard springs ( Part number is C19027) and they are also available from manners, I think they are about half an inch thick so would increase the ride height by a little bit more thn that
all of theese solutions require removal of the shockabsorber/ spring assemblies, but if you use a proper spring compressor its relatively easy, the club have had a spring compressor made which works great, its relatively cheap to buy or hire from JEC Direct
springs are available from most of the jag classic car suppliers try David manners they have a great website, and i've found them to be very helpfull and competitively priced, rear springs for the XJS are just over £14 each the following link should get you there
http://www.jagspares.co.uk/home.asp
If you want to adjust the height of the ride you might consider a set of GAZ shockabsorbers with the screw adjustment on the body for adjusting the ride height, you can also adjust the stiffness of the dmpers as well not cheap but the easiest way of adjusting the height, that way you may net need new springs
http://www.gaz-shocks.com/
you could also increase the ride height of the car by fitting a spacer between the spring and the mounting on the shock, this was done on the rear shockabsorbers for the series 1&2 E Type jaguar cars to adjust the ride height whilst using standard springs ( Part number is C19027) and they are also available from manners, I think they are about half an inch thick so would increase the ride height by a little bit more thn that
all of theese solutions require removal of the shockabsorber/ spring assemblies, but if you use a proper spring compressor its relatively easy, the club have had a spring compressor made which works great, its relatively cheap to buy or hire from JEC Direct
Rear Springs
Vince,
Don't know if your car is a coupe or convertible, or 4.0 or 6.0. However SC Parts were last month selling sets of 4 rear springs which are a direct replacement for the convertible sportspack suspensions on late facelift convertibles. The equivalent part number is JLM 11569. They had them for a really good price of £39. I bought a set myself for my 1995 4.0 convertible. I'm going to fit them with witha set of Gaz shocks, or some Bilsteins if I can get hold of them for a reasonbale price.
Hope that helps
Paul
Don't know if your car is a coupe or convertible, or 4.0 or 6.0. However SC Parts were last month selling sets of 4 rear springs which are a direct replacement for the convertible sportspack suspensions on late facelift convertibles. The equivalent part number is JLM 11569. They had them for a really good price of £39. I bought a set myself for my 1995 4.0 convertible. I'm going to fit them with witha set of Gaz shocks, or some Bilsteins if I can get hold of them for a reasonbale price.
Hope that helps
Paul
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
