I'm looking at getting LPG on my 1998 XJR with Nikasil liners.
I've been told its a tricky job with prices ranging from £2000+vat to £2700+vat.
One problem that has been mentioned is of the valves burning/pitting. The garage said this isn't a problem on steel linered cars.
Are the valves different between cars?
Who is a good place to entrust my car with? I live in Staithes, North Yorkshire so closer is better but I don't mind travelling to get the job done right first time!
Thanks
Phill
Can you put LPG on an XJR
LPG conversion
near to you is........ Autogas 2000 > Car Conversions in Thirsk
Tel: 01845 526783 - Carlton Miniott, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, YO7 4NJ (22.0
In Leeds a well known for a number of years
E-mail: westyorkshireautogas@yahoo.co.uk
Phone: 0113 2344 097
Address:
5 Cross Chancellor Street, Leeds, LS6 2TG
Hope this is of use .......Joe
Tel: 01845 526783 - Carlton Miniott, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, YO7 4NJ (22.0
In Leeds a well known for a number of years
E-mail: westyorkshireautogas@yahoo.co.uk
Phone: 0113 2344 097
Address:
5 Cross Chancellor Street, Leeds, LS6 2TG
Hope this is of use .......Joe
It was actually Autogas 2000 who said about the valves burning. I've spoke to a few places who said it'll be fine. One of the places also said its fine to do an X type even though its prone to valve recession!
Does anyone have know if the valves are different on Nikasil engines and steel liner engines?
Does anyone have know if the valves are different on Nikasil engines and steel liner engines?
Keith Mugglestone is the JEC expert on LPG for Jags.
He is in Lincolnshire.....a long way from you but has great experience in this field.
phone 01205 280317
www.jaguarfuelconversions.co.uk
He is in Lincolnshire.....a long way from you but has great experience in this field.
phone 01205 280317
www.jaguarfuelconversions.co.uk
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
-
blackflash
- Posts:177
- Joined:Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am
Re: Can you put LPG on an XJR
hi all
i am considering having my 2002 3.2v8 converted to lpg.can anyone recomend a garage to carry out this type of work.i live in surrey but am willing to travel.
thanks guys
i am considering having my 2002 3.2v8 converted to lpg.can anyone recomend a garage to carry out this type of work.i live in surrey but am willing to travel.
thanks guys
-
steveandtina
- Posts:41
- Joined:Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:05 pm
- Location:sheffield
Re: Can you put LPG on an XJR
an xjr wiv a bottle of gas in boot!!!!YEH GET ONE OF THEM LEATHER STEERING WHEEL COVERS AND SOME HALFORDS CUP HOLDERS,NAH it dont sound too good that mate.
Re: Can you put LPG on an XJR
I'll repeat what I always say on the LPG subject, some love it and swear by it, I loathe it, I have yet to see a car run correctly on it, or even see what I consider to be a good conversion, and to date no one has shoen me anything to change my mind
gas is also not as cheap as it was, so the mileage covered will have to greater to get near the pay back figures
My local LPG guy who is probably the best I have seen imo, recommend not to do XJR's due to the hotter running and fear of valve reccession
just my thoughts, discuss!!!
gas is also not as cheap as it was, so the mileage covered will have to greater to get near the pay back figures
My local LPG guy who is probably the best I have seen imo, recommend not to do XJR's due to the hotter running and fear of valve reccession
just my thoughts, discuss!!!
88 3.6 XJ40 EX JDHT
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
