My first and long awaited Jag.
Hi everyone. I am happy to say that I purchased my first Jag 2 weeks ago. It's an XJ8, 3.2 Executive in Aspen Green with oatmeal leather. All I can say is, she's beautiful and in my opinion what a Jag should look like. She is the last of the 02 cars and touch wood, a bit of walnut will do, I haven't noticed any noises etc, everything works as it should and I'm just chuffed to bits. I've had a look through this forum/BB and I'm glad to see that there is a wealth of knowledge to tap into. Look forward to participating in the many discussions that take place and hope that one day, I can contribute usefully as well as having my queries answered. 
Hello Kevin
Welcome to the Forum. There is nothing like the pure satisfaction of owning your first Jaguar....especially after a long wait!
I waited 40 yrs for mine !
The Forum is here to help you, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Have you entered your car on the Register yet ? with a photo or two?
Welcome to the Forum. There is nothing like the pure satisfaction of owning your first Jaguar....especially after a long wait!
I waited 40 yrs for mine !
The Forum is here to help you, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Have you entered your car on the Register yet ? with a photo or two?
-
paulbarrie
- Posts:32
- Joined:Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:14 pm
- Location:Kenton, Middx.
Hi Kevin,
I too have a late registered XJ8 SE. Pacific Blue with Oatmeal upholstery.
It was first registered in December 2002. I bought it in November 2004 with 25000 miles on the clock. It's now only done 40,000 but I decided to have the timing chain tensioners done as a precaution. (See various bulletins). No other problems yet apart from the usual servicing bits that need doing such as replacing front discs and pads etc.
Be careful if you do very short journeys and low mileage like me, as the battery can take a bit of a bashing especially in winter with everything switched on. Just put in on charge once in a while and all will be OK.
Enjoy your new found luxury.
I too have a late registered XJ8 SE. Pacific Blue with Oatmeal upholstery.
It was first registered in December 2002. I bought it in November 2004 with 25000 miles on the clock. It's now only done 40,000 but I decided to have the timing chain tensioners done as a precaution. (See various bulletins). No other problems yet apart from the usual servicing bits that need doing such as replacing front discs and pads etc.
Be careful if you do very short journeys and low mileage like me, as the battery can take a bit of a bashing especially in winter with everything switched on. Just put in on charge once in a while and all will be OK.
Enjoy your new found luxury.
Thanks Paul. I have noticed the various messages about camchain tensioners. I was told that as my car is the later 2002 model then it should have the alluminium tensioners already there. It was qualified by, the only way to know for sure is to check them out.
I am enjoying it though. See other post elsewhere to find out my first worry.
Kevin
I am enjoying it though. See other post elsewhere to find out my first worry.
Kevin
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
