Hi All,
I've recently become the proud owner of a '98 XK8 coupe.
Apart from needing a couple of new cooling hoses after what seemed to be a faultless Le Mans run, she's running like a dream and I'm very pleased so far.
However, the windscreen wipers obscure the view of that lovely bulging bonnet. Are there any low-profile windscreen wipers out there that I can use as a replacement?
I've looked on the internet at "flat" versions that seem to do away with the framework - are these the answer?
Many thanks!
I can't see down the bonnet! - 1998 XK8
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
-
DoctorHoux
- Posts:7
- Joined:Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:09 pm
- Location:Janines, or The Tertre Rouge Bar
- Contact:
I have used the 'flat ones' since the came out about 2yrs ago and have had no problems. In fact I bought two pairs and am still on the first.
They may wobble a bit at the beginning when travelling at motorway speeds but seem to bed in after a few weeks.
Oh and they seem to clear the screen better than stock too
Mark
PS: failing that get a booster chair
They may wobble a bit at the beginning when travelling at motorway speeds but seem to bed in after a few weeks.
Oh and they seem to clear the screen better than stock too
Mark
PS: failing that get a booster chair
Flat wipers?
I appreciate the problem of spoiling that view of the power bulge without having your head in the roof trim.
I hadn't heard of these 'flat' wipers. Can you provide a name or link?
I hadn't heard of these 'flat' wipers. Can you provide a name or link?
Peter you obviously don't use Ebay! 
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jaguar-XK8-XKR-Re ... 286.c0.m14
No affiliation and doesn't affect the washer jets.
Mark
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jaguar-XK8-XKR-Re ... 286.c0.m14
No affiliation and doesn't affect the washer jets.
Mark
Flat blades
Mark
Many thanks - I'll get some.
In fact I do use e-bay - sold a newish X-type on it a while back for a reasonable price - but it's so large now it's easy to get lost.
Cheers
Many thanks - I'll get some.
In fact I do use e-bay - sold a newish X-type on it a while back for a reasonable price - but it's so large now it's easy to get lost.
Cheers
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests