new member

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

george100
Posts:16
Joined:Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:04 pm
new member

Postby george100 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:05 pm

hi im george mckee joined the club in may 07 bought my first jag last year a 2000 w reg xk8 convertable , such a joy to drive cheers

User avatar
Sharfrs2
Posts:109
Joined:Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:10 pm
Location:Sunbury, MIddx

Postby Sharfrs2 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:40 am

Welcome to the forum George. Any piccies?
Remember those that gave their todays for your tomorrows.

george100
Posts:16
Joined:Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:04 pm

Postby george100 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:20 pm

hi no not yet but will get round to it soon cheers

GrandTourer
Posts:297
Joined:Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 pm
Location:Leicester, UK

Postby GrandTourer » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:24 pm

Welcome to the club and forum, George :)
I have had my MY2000 XK8 coupe for 3 1/2 years now, and I am still smiling everytime into it. Great car!!
Enjoy :lol:
______________________________
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue

george100
Posts:16
Joined:Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:04 pm

Postby george100 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:27 pm

hi thanks for the welcome the car puts a smile on your face every time cheers

binghama
Posts:34
Joined:Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:08 pm
Location:N Ireland

new to the forum

Postby binghama » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:28 pm

Hi I'm Alwyn..just new to the forum but have been a menber of JEC for many years..the XK is my 5th Jag..have'nt got it on the road yet waiting to have the chains tensioners and water pump replaced..hope to have that complete this week..have only driven it a short distance but veeeery nice ..reminds me of my XJS which I had a number of years ago . Maybe start a new thread on this but I'm going to change the gearbox oil (75k at mo) as I do'nt believe in this sealed for life nonsense..have been told that you can use ordinary auto oil if you change it regularily..any thoughts?

User avatar
D_Doran
Posts:113
Joined:Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:21 pm

Postby D_Doran » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:09 pm

Hello Alwyn... Guess who?!!

For everyone else, I am Damian. I have just bought my first Jag, a 2002 4.0 XK8, and I can't describe the feeling I get still looking at it or I may be censored on my first post!

It is an awesome car to drive, and so much more sleek than all the run of the mill beemers and mercs that everyone else goes for.

I'll start browsing these forums to learn all I can about the car now.. but I'll not dare and try any maintenance myself! :?

binghama
Posts:34
Joined:Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:08 pm
Location:N Ireland

Postby binghama » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:12 pm

ARMADADILLOS Damian welcome to the JEC..forgot to ask my man about yhose key fobs did you get anywhere with them..ask on the forum...hope to get the work done to mine this week..c u

User avatar
D_Doran
Posts:113
Joined:Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:21 pm

Postby D_Doran » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:37 pm

Have added a few pics of the new beast on the XK8 gallery (taken when there was a bit of sun in the UK!!!)

binghama
Posts:34
Joined:Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:08 pm
Location:N Ireland

Postby binghama » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:38 pm

what exhaust system have you got on that thing? if its std you've got to open iy up abit..see postings on exhausts..NCL a bit gloomy 2day!

User avatar
D_Doran
Posts:113
Joined:Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:21 pm

Postby D_Doran » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:59 pm

Still the standard exhaust. Have looked at the different options, but it's down the list of priorities at the moment. Yes it was a tad gloomy here today!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests