I am new to the Club and have a 2000 XKR convertible. I am having problems with the hood. Now we've had some sun!!! I suspect a fluid leak from piston. Any ideas on how to check fluid level as I assume it has a reservoir or does it share fluid from somewhere else?
Roof Operation - not good!
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Hi There Everyone
I am new to the Club and have a 2000 XKR convertible. I am having problems with the hood. Now we've had some sun!!! I suspect a fluid leak from piston. Any ideas on how to check fluid level as I assume it has a reservoir or does it share fluid from somewhere else?
I am new to the Club and have a 2000 XKR convertible. I am having problems with the hood. Now we've had some sun!!! I suspect a fluid leak from piston. Any ideas on how to check fluid level as I assume it has a reservoir or does it share fluid from somewhere else?
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
I believe Jaguar changed the type of fluid somewhere in the late nineties although I'm unsure of the exact timing. The original material tended to gel and bung up the works especially if the hood wasn't used much. It's a messy job to get rid of all the old fluid but I haven't heard any adverse comments about the later liquid. Mike.
Thanks Mike for your reply. Mine was filled with new pentosin, green, so just needed topping up fortunately. I suspect a leak on piston because I thought it felt a bit wet, however I will watch fluid level as time goes on and see what happens. So releived its working again. Nice to know there's some help from you guys
Heres to roof down and sunshine
I just love driving this car
I just love driving this car
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests