Hi there. I parked my 89 5.3 v12 up toady after some spirited motoring,during which all guages were good,temp,oil.When I got back to the car there was coolant pouring out from around the steering rack area.
As soon as it had stopped I refilled the system (3 ltrs) expecting it to pour out,It didn't. I then drove it 10 miles temp guage was normal. no loss of fluid. parked up and fuiid started pouring out again..
Any Ideas??
Scott
Coolant leaking alarmingly
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Re: Coolant leaking alarmingly
Is your expansion tank rusted and leaking? It's on the left side chassis rail.
Another possibility are the water rails that run along both sides of the engine.
Another possibility are the water rails that run along both sides of the engine.
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: Coolant leaking alarmingly
By the way, be very cautious about driving your car if you have cooling system issues. The golden rule with these alloy V12's is "Don't cook it!" They can respond very badly to overheating with warped heads, dropped valve seats etc all a distinct possibility.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

