Dear All
A Very Happy New Year to you.
For our pre-season trip out this year I am organising a visit to KWE Jaguars in Newbury, I'm sure you all know of them as they have been in the business of upgrading Jaguars for many years now, for those who are not familiar with them here is a link to their website.
http://www.kwecars.com/index.php
KWE carry out a wide variety of engine, bodywork, suspension etc. upgrades or a total rebuild for XJS's and they tell me that they would be delighted to host us for a visit on a Saturday towards the end of February or during March. If possible there will be an opportunity to examine one of their ongoing projects in the workshop and possibly use one of our own cars for demonstration purposes, details to follow. They are experts in the XJS and I'm sure will be able to answer many questions regarding updating our cars for modern road conditions. At present the format for the visit is not finalised.
Available dates are as follows:-
21/2 28/2 07/03 28/03
I know that it will not be possible to pick a date to suit everyone, however at this early stage if you could express an interest in attending so that I can get an idea of numbers and also which date you would prefer (ideally) by posting below.
In the interests of allowing the weather to warm up a little I would suggest a date in March........28th?
There is a local pub that provides food all day, however KWE have offered to provide a light buffet and soft drinks and I think we should accept their hospitality (a small charge may be applicable).
Arrive/depart times will be approx. 10.30/11.00 and 2.30 ish to be confirmed.
I hope that this will prove an attractive outing to you all and would ask that you post your interest by Friday 23rd January so that I can start to firm up arrangements.
Best Wishes
DH Dove
Forum Events Co-ordinator
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Hi,
I would be interested. Hopefully, the end of March should bring more favourable weather so I can bring my BigCat!
Thanks, Rich.
I would be interested. Hopefully, the end of March should bring more favourable weather so I can bring my BigCat!
Thanks, Rich.
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
well done Tony
i would be up for this providing i can fit it in round my new shift pattern,
which i dont know the start date of yet, lol
BB
i would be up for this providing i can fit it in round my new shift pattern,
which i dont know the start date of yet, lol
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Well Tony
You know I will be there, the end of march sounds good to me also.
I am pleased KWE are up for it, as you know I have been there and it is well worth the visit and Chris Knowles knowledge on all things XJS is second to none.
You know I will be there, the end of march sounds good to me also.
I am pleased KWE are up for it, as you know I have been there and it is well worth the visit and Chris Knowles knowledge on all things XJS is second to none.
Michael
Current
Jaguar XK8 4.2S Convertible
2013 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Polaris Ranger
T6.1 VW Campervan
Current
Jaguar XK8 4.2S Convertible
2013 Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Polaris Ranger
T6.1 VW Campervan
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Hi,
I'm certainly up for it although I'm also tied to a shift system. Once the date is confirmed I'll be in a position to say yea or nay.
I'm certainly up for it although I'm also tied to a shift system. Once the date is confirmed I'll be in a position to say yea or nay.
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Count me in. Chris Knowles has worked on my car in the past, complete rustproofing and underseal job and 'perishables' service, replacing all hoses + other perishables. What he doesn't know about XJ-Ss isn't worth knowing
David
David
XJ-S V12 5.3 convertible, 1990 - Runs on AUTOGAS... and MGA roadster
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Nice one DH!
I expect I will be able to make it, any date to suit others.
Pop
I expect I will be able to make it, any date to suit others.
Pop
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
dh,
My enforced stay in Leicester is now at a finish, so hopefully I'll be back in the real world for 2009! 28/3 is good for me, count me in!
Tks for organising it.
Paul
My enforced stay in Leicester is now at a finish, so hopefully I'll be back in the real world for 2009! 28/3 is good for me, count me in!
Tks for organising it.
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Strongly interested. End of March preferable.
RM
RM
-
keithbaker
- Posts:60
- Joined:Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:33 pm
- Location:Kent
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Thanks, DH
I'd like to come, and will do my best to keep 28/3 free.
Regards,
Keith.
I'd like to come, and will do my best to keep 28/3 free.
Regards,
Keith.
Regards,
Keith.
1996 Celebration Convertible (LHD)
Keith.
1996 Celebration Convertible (LHD)
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Thanks for organising another visit Tony.
Please put me down for the visit (2 of us) March 28th should be OK.
Peter
Please put me down for the visit (2 of us) March 28th should be OK.
Peter
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Oh wow - that sounds like a great idea! Thanks for organising it...
28th March would probably be best for me because it'd give me a chance to get the big S out of the garage after its winter hibernation.
Could probably manage the other dates though so count me in!
Simon R.
28th March would probably be best for me because it'd give me a chance to get the big S out of the garage after its winter hibernation.
Could probably manage the other dates though so count me in!
Simon R.
Current cars: [b]1989 XJ-S 3.6 Manual[/b] & [b]2003 XK8 4.2L
[/b]
Previously enjoyed cars: other 3.6 Manual XJ-Ss and Daimler 4.0L XJ40s
[/b]
Previously enjoyed cars: other 3.6 Manual XJ-Ss and Daimler 4.0L XJ40s
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Hi there,
I would really like to come if poss. Hopefully my power steering leak will be sorted (booked into the garage 26/01/09) fingers crossed.
Would you be able to tell us the arrangements of meeting up and stuff closer to the date?
Regards
J
I would really like to come if poss. Hopefully my power steering leak will be sorted (booked into the garage 26/01/09) fingers crossed.
Would you be able to tell us the arrangements of meeting up and stuff closer to the date?
Regards
J
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars - UPDATE
Dear All
I can now give an idea of the programme on the day, though this is subject to change.......
Arrive 11.15 for 11.30 start, Chris Knowles (KWE MD) will give a quick introduction to KWE with video presentation.
Q&A Session - if you have any particular XJS issues that you would like covered please let me know.
Light "finger" Lunch. this kindly provided FoC by Chris's wife.
Visit to workshop with an opportunity to put YOUR car on the ramp for Chris's expert opinion.
If weather permits a chance to drive a KWE demo car. PLEASE FORM AN ORDERLY QUEUE.
Tea, general chat and home. (3.00pm?)
It looks as though Saturday 28th March is the favourite date for everyone, I will confirm this soon if that's OK.
I hope that this sounds an attractive day out, please post here before Sat. 24th Jan. (preferably) if you are interested in coming. At present I do not know if there will be a maximum number of guests but I will let you know shortly (post early to avoid disappointment!).
Once date etc. is confirmed with KWE I will open a new thread for you to confirm your atttendance.
Best Wishes
DH Dove
I can now give an idea of the programme on the day, though this is subject to change.......
Arrive 11.15 for 11.30 start, Chris Knowles (KWE MD) will give a quick introduction to KWE with video presentation.
Q&A Session - if you have any particular XJS issues that you would like covered please let me know.
Light "finger" Lunch. this kindly provided FoC by Chris's wife.
Visit to workshop with an opportunity to put YOUR car on the ramp for Chris's expert opinion.
If weather permits a chance to drive a KWE demo car. PLEASE FORM AN ORDERLY QUEUE.
Tea, general chat and home. (3.00pm?)
It looks as though Saturday 28th March is the favourite date for everyone, I will confirm this soon if that's OK.
I hope that this sounds an attractive day out, please post here before Sat. 24th Jan. (preferably) if you are interested in coming. At present I do not know if there will be a maximum number of guests but I will let you know shortly (post early to avoid disappointment!).
Once date etc. is confirmed with KWE I will open a new thread for you to confirm your atttendance.
Best Wishes
DH Dove
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars
Hi Tony,
I would confirm I am OK for a party of 2 at KWE on March 28th.
Thanks again
Peter
I would confirm I am OK for a party of 2 at KWE on March 28th.
Thanks again
Peter
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

