Hi all,
New to Jaguar ownership - got a 1968 420G.
Anyone know where I can get some jacking points? I need LH front and LH rear. Seems they are no longer available... I found a front one on Ebay, but no luck on the rear....
Best
Paul
jacking points
Moderator:cstorey
- 3.8etypephil

- Posts:238
- Joined:Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm
- Location:Watton & Budapest.
- Contact:
Re: jacking points
Why not make them? They are mild steel and a mirror image of those on the opposite side.Hi all,
New to Jaguar ownership - got a 1968 420G.
Anyone know where I can get some jacking points? I need LH front and LH rear. Seems they are no longer available... I found a front one on Ebay, but no luck on the rear....
Best
Paul
Phil
2013 XFR
2008 XJR
2013 XFR
2008 XJR
Re: jacking points
Hello Phil,
doesn't Martin Robey make them, I'd be surprised if he didnt? Are they similar to the ones on the MK2 saloon?
Alec
doesn't Martin Robey make them, I'd be surprised if he didnt? Are they similar to the ones on the MK2 saloon?
Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome
Re: jacking points
Hi there,
I will try Martin Robey, thank you.
I may have to get them made as I have not got those skills/equipment.
I am told they are different from any other Jag, except the square tube...
Paul
I will try Martin Robey, thank you.
I may have to get them made as I have not got those skills/equipment.
I am told they are different from any other Jag, except the square tube...
Paul
Re: jacking points
Actually, having had a closer look today, I think I can get away with simply replacing the square metal tubes as those seem to have rotted away. On the rear it also needs the plate onto which they are attached, but the rest seems very solid.
As I have access to the tubing as well as metal plating through my work, I just need a welder that can weld the bits together, I bet that is cheaper than whole new points as the surrounding areas are so solid.
I'll report back when done.
Paul
As I have access to the tubing as well as metal plating through my work, I just need a welder that can weld the bits together, I bet that is cheaper than whole new points as the surrounding areas are so solid.
I'll report back when done.
Paul
Re: jacking points
A little diffrent from a MK2 !
Try Jagspares International ,
Try Jagspares International ,
- Attachments
-
- untitled.png (232.29KiB)Viewed 6589 times
Re: jacking points
Thanks, I saw that. More than £300 plus VAT! And I only need the tube section for that area, so I will see if I can get that separately from my workshop and see if I can find anyone to weld that on. If not, I'll have to bite the bullet.
Thanks for the link though!
Paul
Thanks for the link though!
Paul
- 3.8etypephil

- Posts:238
- Joined:Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm
- Location:Watton & Budapest.
- Contact:
Re: jacking points
Hello Alec,Hello Phil,
doesn't Martin Robey make them, I'd be surprised if he didnt? Are they similar to the ones on the MK2 saloon?
Alec
I guessed that you must be here too.
Apparently not; Martin Robey's Mk X / 420G range is very limited.
The Mk2 ones are quite different, but it seems that he can repair the existing jacking points easily enough.
Phil
2013 XFR
2008 XJR
2013 XFR
2008 XJR
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest