Hi
Does anyone have a NSR door for 1973 SWB XJ Series 1 for sale
Mine was wrotten at the bottom after I'd stripped the paint off
Can collect no problem
Regards
Richard
XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
Moderator:LJR
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
Hi Richard,
I have a choice of 3 each of them rust free and clean. Complete with all fittings, and interior panels. 2 in tan, 1 in ISIS blue.
Collection is fine with me, free to you if you collect, your choice of door.
By the way, they are here in Canada!
Phil

I have a choice of 3 each of them rust free and clean. Complete with all fittings, and interior panels. 2 in tan, 1 in ISIS blue.
Collection is fine with me, free to you if you collect, your choice of door.
By the way, they are here in Canada!
Phil
1973 Series 1 XJ12 SWB
1977 Series 2 XJ6C
1987 XJ-S 5.3 litre auto Cabriolet
1989 LISTER modified XJ40
1993 XJS 4.0 litre Manual facelift
1977 Series 2 XJ6C
1987 XJ-S 5.3 litre auto Cabriolet
1989 LISTER modified XJ40
1993 XJS 4.0 litre Manual facelift
-
richardpierce
- Posts:124
- Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
It's a little too far but thanks anyway Phil!!
- XjRestorations
- Posts:216
- Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm
- Location:East Sussex
- Contact:
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
Hi Richard,
We have one here - we are a BIT closer than Canada
We are based in Eastbourne - how far from you are we??
Cheers,
Keith
We have one here - we are a BIT closer than Canada
We are based in Eastbourne - how far from you are we??
Cheers,
Keith
JEC XJ Series Forum Coordinator & Body/Paint advisor.
http://www.xjrestorations.co.uk
http://www.jaguarclassicspares.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaguar-Xj ... 3187439423
http://www.xjrestorations.co.uk
http://www.jaguarclassicspares.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaguar-Xj ... 3187439423
-
richardpierce
- Posts:124
- Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
Keith
I'm in Wakefield West Yorkshire, I also possibly need a NS front wing nose repair section (just waiting to see how much bodyshop want to repair the wing) which I think you said you had. If you could let me have a collected price I could arrange to pick up
Also I need to pick your brains, on an XJ Series 1 the oil filter metal canister; is it the same on any engine size ie will a 2.8/4.2 fit a 5.3 & vice versa
Thank you
Richard
I'm in Wakefield West Yorkshire, I also possibly need a NS front wing nose repair section (just waiting to see how much bodyshop want to repair the wing) which I think you said you had. If you could let me have a collected price I could arrange to pick up
Also I need to pick your brains, on an XJ Series 1 the oil filter metal canister; is it the same on any engine size ie will a 2.8/4.2 fit a 5.3 & vice versa
Thank you
Richard
- XjRestorations
- Posts:216
- Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm
- Location:East Sussex
- Contact:
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
Hi Richard,
I would have to check, but I am certain V12 and XK spin on filters are different.
The door will be £30 if you want it - £50 for the front wing repair section.
Cheers,
Keith
I would have to check, but I am certain V12 and XK spin on filters are different.
The door will be £30 if you want it - £50 for the front wing repair section.
Cheers,
Keith
JEC XJ Series Forum Coordinator & Body/Paint advisor.
http://www.xjrestorations.co.uk
http://www.jaguarclassicspares.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaguar-Xj ... 3187439423
http://www.xjrestorations.co.uk
http://www.jaguarclassicspares.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaguar-Xj ... 3187439423
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
The spin on filters for V12 and 6 cylinders are the same on cars that were fitted with them originally. EBC9658 is the current Jaguar part no, which fits AJ6 engines, as well.
But the the Series I and early SII 6 cylinder cars didn't have them, they used the disposable element (JLM9546) until engine no 8L28179. The 12 cylinder engines switched at engine no 7P30229.
But the the Series I and early SII 6 cylinder cars didn't have them, they used the disposable element (JLM9546) until engine no 8L28179. The 12 cylinder engines switched at engine no 7P30229.
Al McL
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake
-
richardpierce
- Posts:124
- Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
So in summary I have a XJ12 S1, would I be able to take an oil filter cannister & paper filter from a S1 XJ6 (2.8 or 4.2) and fit it straight onto my car?
I need to know the above as there is one on ebay with no part numbers on it but it is a XJ S1 however the engine size it fits is not known
Sorry for confusion but I am only interested in XJ S1 2.8/4.2/5.3 interchangability (if thats a word!)
Regards
Richard
I need to know the above as there is one on ebay with no part numbers on it but it is a XJ S1 however the engine size it fits is not known
Sorry for confusion but I am only interested in XJ S1 2.8/4.2/5.3 interchangability (if thats a word!)
Regards
Richard
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
No. They are different. See illustrations in the links below. And, given that you can have the correct one for less than £9, why bother buying an unidentified one from Fleabay?I have a XJ12 S1, would I be able to take an oil filter cannister & paper filter from a S1 XJ6 (2.8 or 4.2) and fit it straight onto my car?
http://www.sngbarratt.com/catalogue/par ... k=y&next=y
http://www.sngbarratt.com/catalogue/par ... k=y&next=yb
Al McL
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake
-
richardpierce
- Posts:124
- Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
Keith
I'm very happy with those prices just a few questions
Is door nos or is there paint that needs to come off/does it need metalwork/has it come off a car
Is wing repair section ready to go straight on car
Other than that I appreciate your offer
Regards
Richard
I'm very happy with those prices just a few questions
Is door nos or is there paint that needs to come off/does it need metalwork/has it come off a car
Is wing repair section ready to go straight on car
Other than that I appreciate your offer
Regards
Richard
- XjRestorations
- Posts:216
- Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm
- Location:East Sussex
- Contact:
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
Hi Richard,
The doors are all painted - but good
The nose cone is a factory repair panel in etch primer - ready to be trimmed and fitted.
All the best,
Keith
The doors are all painted - but good
The nose cone is a factory repair panel in etch primer - ready to be trimmed and fitted.
All the best,
Keith
JEC XJ Series Forum Coordinator & Body/Paint advisor.
http://www.xjrestorations.co.uk
http://www.jaguarclassicspares.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaguar-Xj ... 3187439423
http://www.xjrestorations.co.uk
http://www.jaguarclassicspares.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaguar-Xj ... 3187439423
-
richardpierce
- Posts:124
- Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm
Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required
Keith
That great I'll ring you with my paymant details after the bank holiday
Regards
Richard
That great I'll ring you with my paymant details after the bank holiday
Regards
Richard
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
