XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Moderator:LJR

richardpierce
Posts:124
Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm
XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby richardpierce » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:28 am

Hi

Does anyone have a NSR door for 1973 SWB XJ Series 1 for sale

Mine was wrotten at the bottom after I'd stripped the paint off

Can collect no problem

Regards
Richard

User avatar
555ttg
Posts:169
Joined:Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:31 pm

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby 555ttg » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi Richard,
I have a choice of 3 each of them rust free and clean. Complete with all fittings, and interior panels. 2 in tan, 1 in ISIS blue.
Collection is fine with me, free to you if you collect, your choice of door.
By the way, they are here in Canada!
Phil
:mrgreen:
1973 Series 1 XJ12 SWB
1977 Series 2 XJ6C
1987 XJ-S 5.3 litre auto Cabriolet
1989 LISTER modified XJ40
1993 XJS 4.0 litre Manual facelift

richardpierce
Posts:124
Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby richardpierce » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:08 pm

It's a little too far but thanks anyway Phil!!

User avatar
XjRestorations
Posts:216
Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm
Location:East Sussex
Contact:

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby XjRestorations » Tue May 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi Richard,

We have one here - we are a BIT closer than Canada :-)
We are based in Eastbourne - how far from you are we??

Cheers,
Keith

richardpierce
Posts:124
Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby richardpierce » Tue May 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Keith

I'm in Wakefield West Yorkshire, I also possibly need a NS front wing nose repair section (just waiting to see how much bodyshop want to repair the wing) which I think you said you had. If you could let me have a collected price I could arrange to pick up

Also I need to pick your brains, on an XJ Series 1 the oil filter metal canister; is it the same on any engine size ie will a 2.8/4.2 fit a 5.3 & vice versa

Thank you
Richard

User avatar
XjRestorations
Posts:216
Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm
Location:East Sussex
Contact:

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby XjRestorations » Thu May 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi Richard,

I would have to check, but I am certain V12 and XK spin on filters are different.
The door will be £30 if you want it - £50 for the front wing repair section.

Cheers,
Keith

User avatar
almcl

Member
Posts:775
Joined:Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:56 pm
Location:Shropshire

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby almcl » Thu May 03, 2012 10:02 pm

The spin on filters for V12 and 6 cylinders are the same on cars that were fitted with them originally. EBC9658 is the current Jaguar part no, which fits AJ6 engines, as well.

But the the Series I and early SII 6 cylinder cars didn't have them, they used the disposable element (JLM9546) until engine no 8L28179. The 12 cylinder engines switched at engine no 7P30229.
Al McL
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake

richardpierce
Posts:124
Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby richardpierce » Fri May 04, 2012 12:58 pm

So in summary I have a XJ12 S1, would I be able to take an oil filter cannister & paper filter from a S1 XJ6 (2.8 or 4.2) and fit it straight onto my car?

I need to know the above as there is one on ebay with no part numbers on it but it is a XJ S1 however the engine size it fits is not known

Sorry for confusion but I am only interested in XJ S1 2.8/4.2/5.3 interchangability (if thats a word!)

Regards
Richard

User avatar
almcl

Member
Posts:775
Joined:Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:56 pm
Location:Shropshire

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby almcl » Fri May 04, 2012 7:50 pm

I have a XJ12 S1, would I be able to take an oil filter cannister & paper filter from a S1 XJ6 (2.8 or 4.2) and fit it straight onto my car?
No. They are different. See illustrations in the links below. And, given that you can have the correct one for less than £9, why bother buying an unidentified one from Fleabay?

http://www.sngbarratt.com/catalogue/par ... k=y&next=y

http://www.sngbarratt.com/catalogue/par ... k=y&next=yb
Al McL
'93 XJS 4.0 - '20 XF 2.0 Sportbrake

richardpierce
Posts:124
Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby richardpierce » Sat May 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Keith

I'm very happy with those prices just a few questions

Is door nos or is there paint that needs to come off/does it need metalwork/has it come off a car
Is wing repair section ready to go straight on car

Other than that I appreciate your offer

Regards
Richard

User avatar
XjRestorations
Posts:216
Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm
Location:East Sussex
Contact:

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby XjRestorations » Mon May 07, 2012 7:24 am

Hi Richard,

The doors are all painted - but good :-)
The nose cone is a factory repair panel in etch primer - ready to be trimmed and fitted.

All the best,
Keith

richardpierce
Posts:124
Joined:Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: XJ Series 1 SWB 1973 - NSR door required

Postby richardpierce » Mon May 07, 2012 9:42 am

Keith

That great I'll ring you with my paymant details after the bank holiday

Regards
Richard


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests