mk2 3.4 1961

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

garywolves
Posts:3
Joined:Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:20 pm
mk2 3.4 1961

Postby garywolves » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:01 am

hi not sure im on wright page have just got my first mk2 can anyone tell the best anti freeze to use please

User avatar
piman
Posts:1183
Joined:Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 pm
Location:Oswestry

Re: mk2 3.4 1961

Postby piman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:25 am

Hello Gary,

do not use the modern OAT antifreeze as it's not compatible with older engines, usually it is reddish in colour, ethylene glycol, which is usually blue is the one to use. I've never looked at different makes, I just buy what is available. Just read the information on the container.

Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome

PPV

Member
Posts:639
Joined:Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 pm
Location:Nantwich

Re: mk2 3.4 1961

Postby PPV » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi Gary, I use the blue antifreeze like 'piman' as it is suitable for our engines. Use the correct strength of 50% antifreeze. Total cooling system capacity including heater is 22 pints (12.5 litres) for the 3.4/3.8 I think. At this time of year make sure it circulates through the heater if you are not using the car much.
Regards,
Paul
Paul V
Mk2 3.8
Nissan Micra K13
Porsche Macan S

garywolves
Posts:3
Joined:Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Re: mk2 3.4 1961

Postby garywolves » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:49 am

Hi Gary, I use the blue antifreeze like 'piman' as it is suitable for our engines. Use the correct strength of 50% antifreeze. Total cooling system capacity including heater is 22 pints (12.5 litres) for the 3.4/3.8 I think. At this time of year make sure it circulates through the heater if you are not using the car much.
Regards,
Paul
hi paul thanks for info


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests