mk2 3.4 1961
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
-
garywolves
- Posts:3
- Joined:Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:20 pm
hi not sure im on wright page have just got my first mk2 can anyone tell the best anti freeze to use please
Re: mk2 3.4 1961
Hello Gary,
do not use the modern OAT antifreeze as it's not compatible with older engines, usually it is reddish in colour, ethylene glycol, which is usually blue is the one to use. I've never looked at different makes, I just buy what is available. Just read the information on the container.
Alec
do not use the modern OAT antifreeze as it's not compatible with older engines, usually it is reddish in colour, ethylene glycol, which is usually blue is the one to use. I've never looked at different makes, I just buy what is available. Just read the information on the container.
Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome
Re: mk2 3.4 1961
Hi Gary, I use the blue antifreeze like 'piman' as it is suitable for our engines. Use the correct strength of 50% antifreeze. Total cooling system capacity including heater is 22 pints (12.5 litres) for the 3.4/3.8 I think. At this time of year make sure it circulates through the heater if you are not using the car much.
Regards,
Paul
Regards,
Paul
Paul V
Mk2 3.8
Nissan Micra K13
Porsche Macan S
Mk2 3.8
Nissan Micra K13
Porsche Macan S
-
garywolves
- Posts:3
- Joined:Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:20 pm
Re: mk2 3.4 1961
hi paul thanks for infoHi Gary, I use the blue antifreeze like 'piman' as it is suitable for our engines. Use the correct strength of 50% antifreeze. Total cooling system capacity including heater is 22 pints (12.5 litres) for the 3.4/3.8 I think. At this time of year make sure it circulates through the heater if you are not using the car much.
Regards,
Paul
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
