Hi, I am busy rebuilding the front subframe and suspension on my 1963 MK2 Jaguar. The bottom ball joints are completely shot both ball and cups are badly corroded, is it possible to fit later sealed for life ball joints?
Regards Frank
Replacing bottom ball joints with sealed for life items.
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
-
moraledagd14

- Posts:21
- Joined:Sat May 18, 2013 1:20 am
Last edited by moraledagd14 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Replacing bottom ball joints with sealed for lift items.
Yes Frank,
I fitted them as I rebuilt my car and have been fine for 16 years made by Lemforden or similar I think.
Brian
I fitted them as I rebuilt my car and have been fine for 16 years made by Lemforden or similar I think.
Brian
MY2000 3ltr S type manual standard car with leather seats, cruise control and mistral blue metallic paint.
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
-
moraledagd14

- Posts:21
- Joined:Sat May 18, 2013 1:20 am
Re: Replacing bottom ball joints with sealed for lift items.
Thanks Brian, a lot less hassle with sealed for life.
Started on the front brakes this afternoon so far so good just new seals and pads required.
Regards Frank
Started on the front brakes this afternoon so far so good just new seals and pads required.
Regards Frank
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest