Replacing bottom ball joints with sealed for life items.

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

moraledagd14

Member
Posts:21
Joined:Sat May 18, 2013 1:20 am
Replacing bottom ball joints with sealed for life items.

Postby moraledagd14 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi, I am busy rebuilding the front subframe and suspension on my 1963 MK2 Jaguar. The bottom ball joints are completely shot both ball and cups are badly corroded, is it possible to fit later sealed for life ball joints?

Regards Frank
Last edited by moraledagd14 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martec

Member
Posts:981
Joined:Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:08 pm
Location:North Lincs

Re: Replacing bottom ball joints with sealed for lift items.

Postby Martec » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:59 pm

Yes Frank,

I fitted them as I rebuilt my car and have been fine for 16 years made by Lemforden or similar I think.

Brian
MY2000 3ltr S type manual standard car with leather seats, cruise control and mistral blue metallic paint.

1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated

moraledagd14

Member
Posts:21
Joined:Sat May 18, 2013 1:20 am

Re: Replacing bottom ball joints with sealed for lift items.

Postby moraledagd14 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Thanks Brian, a lot less hassle with sealed for life.

Started on the front brakes this afternoon so far so good just new seals and pads required.

Regards Frank


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest