Following my previous visit to Lands End and the Lizard, I'm now back from my latest whirlwind drive.
The route was basically Southampton, Lowestoft (most Easterly point of Britain), Humber Bridge, Forth Road Bridge, John O'Groats, Dunnet Head (most Northerly point of Britain), Ullapool, by ferry to Stornoway in the Outer Hebredes, down through the Islands of Lewis, Harris, by ferry to Bernaray, North Uist, Benbecula, South Uist, by ferry to Oban, the Falkirk Wheel, down to Ross-on-Wye, a tiny bit of Wales, across the Severn Bridge and back to Southampton.
A credit to the XJ-S, all 2000 miles covered in a single week without a groan, grumble or any problems whatsoever. As I set off my neighbour quoted a line from the Airplane II film 'A voyage filled with hope, yet destined for disaster' We proved him wrong! The car proved supremely comfortable and relaxing and it received many admirable remarks. I only saw one other XJ-S the whole time, on the M6 near the Sandbach services, I was busy looking for the exit at the time so only saw him wave once he had gone past. If he's reading this a belated wave and hello from me!
More details and photos will follow eventually, Calculated the fuel for what its worth, came out at a fraction under 27mpg. Pretty good.
Pop
Pop's Grand World tour of Britain
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
