Hi Everyone,
I'm seeking to return my XJS Cabriolet to being a 2 seater as part of its restoration, so I'd like to replace the back seats with the originally supplied Locker/Luggage Box assembly. I know loads of folks converted from this to rear seats, but I'd like to do the opposite.
Does anyone have, or know where I can obtain please, the complete Rear Locker/Luggage assembly.
Thanks
Laurence
Wanted - Rear Locker/Luggage box assembly for XJS Cabriolet
Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove
Re: Wanted - Rear Locker/Luggage box assembly for XJS Cabrio
Laurence,
I have the contact details of someone who MIGHT be in a position to help you out here. No guarantees, but it could be worth having a call with him.
Drop me a PM if you're interested with your phone details and I'll call you.
Paul
I have the contact details of someone who MIGHT be in a position to help you out here. No guarantees, but it could be worth having a call with him.
Drop me a PM if you're interested with your phone details and I'll call you.
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
Re: Wanted - Rear Locker/Luggage box assembly for XJS Cabrio
Thanks Paul for the lead you suggested - I've made contact and will wait and see if he decides to part with the locker.
I've also managed to find a couple of options I'm considering at a breakers.
I'll let you all know how I get on with this 'project'.
Laurence
I've also managed to find a couple of options I'm considering at a breakers.
I'll let you all know how I get on with this 'project'.
Laurence
Re: Wanted - Rear Locker/Luggage box assembly for XJS Cabrio
Managed to do a direct swap for the rear locker box and carpets (which I'll use now as templates to get matching carpets to the new floor set I have), with my rear seats and seatbelts - both parties happy with the arrangement.
The carpets are in good condition, but I need to replace them for matching carpet (just trying to get in touch with the person in America that I bought the Grey set from to get a matching length of carpet).
Laurence
The carpets are in good condition, but I need to replace them for matching carpet (just trying to get in touch with the person in America that I bought the Grey set from to get a matching length of carpet).
Laurence
Re: Wanted - Rear Locker/Luggage box assembly for XJS Cabrio
Laurence,
Good to talk to you and I'm really pleased that you were able to do the swap with my contact. It sounds like a nice little project. How about posting the detail and some pics on the Bulletin Board or even consider doing a writeup for the magazine and sending it to Brian Harris?
Good luck
Paul
Good to talk to you and I'm really pleased that you were able to do the swap with my contact. It sounds like a nice little project. How about posting the detail and some pics on the Bulletin Board or even consider doing a writeup for the magazine and sending it to Brian Harris?
Good luck
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
-
DavidIrving
- Posts:1
- Joined:Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:54 pm
Re: Wanted - Rear Locker/Luggage box assembly for XJS Cabriolet
Hello everyone
Pleased that the boxes were found
I too am looking to remove the rear seats and reinstall the locker boxes.
Happy to find in any condition. Does anyone have or know of some please?
David
Pleased that the boxes were found

I too am looking to remove the rear seats and reinstall the locker boxes.
Happy to find in any condition. Does anyone have or know of some please?
David
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
