ZF Auto misbehaving

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:
ZF Auto misbehaving

Postby poprivet » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:55 pm

An odd one, a couple of times now when warm its reluctant to engage gear. Move the stick to D - nothing happens, move to R still nothing. Move back to D and after maybe 30 seconds it engages.

The box works fine other then that, has never done it when cold. I thought the level may be low which it wasn't but added a bit more fluid to be sure, problem still there. The fluid is nice and pink and the filter renewed a couple of years ago, not many thousands of miles done since.

Not a problem as long as it does eventually engage but I'm wondering if the A clutch is on its way out.

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: ZF Auto misbehaving

Postby poprivet » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:40 pm

I thought I should update this post as its been a while.

I'm please to report that since adding a bit more fluid the gearbox problem has not come back. The fluid is above the level on the dipstick but there are no signs of leakage.

Maybe I need a shorter dipstick. :shock:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests