Gentlemen,
There is a 240 with a Webasto sunroof going for scrap. The car has stood in a leaky car port for 25 years. The interior is damp and the woodwork is falling to pieces. Is this sunroof any use to anybody?
Best wishes, David
Webasto sunroof
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
-
Colin3jags
- Posts:2
- Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:19 pm
Re: Webasto sunroof
Hi David, what part of the country are you in? I have a mk2 with a sunroof, well part of one. The wood frame is cracked, no fabric left on the metal pull back frame ect ect. Also I have no flip up visor for when the roof is open, so could be of use to me. And by the way the car is under going a full rebuild ( most likely over the next 10 years the way things are going.
Colin.
Colin.
Re: Webasto sunroof
What does the visor actually do? Does it make those in the back seat less blown about?
My S type has a sunroof and visor but I've never actually used the visor (mainly because it lives in the cupboard under the stairs which, by its nature, is rarely in close proximity to the car when I open the roof).
My S type has a sunroof and visor but I've never actually used the visor (mainly because it lives in the cupboard under the stairs which, by its nature, is rarely in close proximity to the car when I open the roof).
Simon
Brighton
Sussex
Brighton
Sussex
Re: Webasto sunroof
Colin, the car is in Surrey. Let me know if you want the lady's number, the car needs to be removed from the site by mid Jan.
Best wishes, David
Best wishes, David
-
Colin3jags
- Posts:2
- Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:19 pm
Re: Webasto sunroof
Hi David have sent you a PM, Thanks.
Hello Simon, well I have not been in a mk2 or s type with a sunroof while in motion, so I cannot tell you if the vehicle needs one or not. I have been told its not so much due to wind coming into the car but, to save the wind from catching the fabric of the sunroof and making it blow up like a sail and possible damage. I suppose that makes sence but I dont know. Colin.
Hello Simon, well I have not been in a mk2 or s type with a sunroof while in motion, so I cannot tell you if the vehicle needs one or not. I have been told its not so much due to wind coming into the car but, to save the wind from catching the fabric of the sunroof and making it blow up like a sail and possible damage. I suppose that makes sence but I dont know. Colin.
Re: Webasto sunroof
The roof material is quite heavy and folds away neatly so doesn't move about at speed.
When in motion it's fine in the front even when on a motorway but does get a bit blowy in the back. Maybe I'll have to put it to test when the weather improves - although I had it open around town yesterday - and actually fit the visor and see what difference it makes.
The problem with the open roof, if it can be described as such, is sunburn. You don't notice your exposure on the move, so suncream lives in the glove box during summer.
When in motion it's fine in the front even when on a motorway but does get a bit blowy in the back. Maybe I'll have to put it to test when the weather improves - although I had it open around town yesterday - and actually fit the visor and see what difference it makes.
The problem with the open roof, if it can be described as such, is sunburn. You don't notice your exposure on the move, so suncream lives in the glove box during summer.
Simon
Brighton
Sussex
Brighton
Sussex
Re: Webasto sunroof
I have owned several cars in years gone by with Webasto sunroofs and always found them an extra that is worth having in my opinion.
The visor definitely, not only protects you a bit from the sun,but mainly cuts down on the buffeting and the resonance that often is heard from an open sunroof.
I am giving serious consideration to having a Webasto roof fitted to my Mk2, but because of the curvature of the roof, I understand that a special wooden framework has to be made up and it is not a straight forward job for the average sunroof fitter.
Anyone know of a specialist in the West Country (Bristol/ Gloucestershire etc) that fits them?
The visor definitely, not only protects you a bit from the sun,but mainly cuts down on the buffeting and the resonance that often is heard from an open sunroof.
I am giving serious consideration to having a Webasto roof fitted to my Mk2, but because of the curvature of the roof, I understand that a special wooden framework has to be made up and it is not a straight forward job for the average sunroof fitter.
Anyone know of a specialist in the West Country (Bristol/ Gloucestershire etc) that fits them?
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
