New Member Today

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

JohnXKR
Posts:11
Joined:Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:35 pm
New Member Today

Postby JohnXKR » Fri May 05, 2006 7:35 pm

Hi
I have been in the JEC for about 11 months.I own a 1999 XKR that is my pride and joy.Chassis number 39016.I have owned the car for 4 years and use her as a second car at weekends.I have just had the chain belt tensioners done under Jaguar warranty.I have also just had all 4 wheel bearings changed and a full Paramount performance exhaust fitted which sounds really well.Due to the stories about the water pump I have the newer version fitted last week.My car has now done 58K and still has the Niksal engine.My local Jaguar main dealer did a blow test in April and they said it was 14 I dont know what this means but they said it would have to be around the 40 mark for Jaguar to consider an engine change.They also recommended running the car on Shell optimax or any other 98 Ron Petrol and there should be no worries as petrol is alot better now.
Sorry to ramble on abit I hope to meet some fellow 8 and R owners at
Harewood in July.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Postby mike020150 » Sun May 07, 2006 5:04 pm

Hi John XKR, Welcome to the forum. Your car sounds in fine fettle. Most cars in good condition that I've heard about have blowby readings less than 20. 40 (litres per minute) is the point at which Jaguar used to entertain warranty claims for new engines. I certainly look forward to meeting you at Harewood but if you'd like to met fellow XK8 enthusiasts, why not take part in one of our summer fun runs? The details of the runs will be posted on the bulletin board. The first one will be held next Sunday in North Yorkshire, using some of England's finest driving roads across superb scenery. Regards, Mike.

JohnXKR
Posts:11
Joined:Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:35 pm

Postby JohnXKR » Sun May 07, 2006 6:27 pm

Hi Mike
I am unable to go on this weeks drive (14th May)But I will watch out for anymore as I intend to try and register for one.
Regards
John

GrandTourer
Posts:297
Joined:Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:58 pm
Location:Leicester, UK

Postby GrandTourer » Mon May 08, 2006 6:34 pm

Hi John,
Welcome to the Forum and Bulleting Board.
Mine is a XK8-Coupe, MY2000 and has about 10Kmiles more on the clock than yours.
I too, had the secondary chain tensioners replaced with the newest ones last July at 59Kmiles. This was just a precaution and the old tensioners had just started to split, so I am glad I took the decision. Like all of us, I enjoy the car greatly and want to keep it going for a long time yet. 14 ltr/min on the Blowby test is very good for your car and you should not have anything to worry about for a long time in that department.
I know of people with 180 miles on the clock, MY96 who have no problems at all.
Sorry to hear you can't make it on Sunday for the Fun Run in Yorkshire, but keep you eyes on the Forum Notices section after the weekend for details of the next run in a few weeks time :D
______________________________
Karl, XK8 MY2000 Pacific Blue


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests