Having found my XK passenger footwell to be wet I’ve discovered on American forums that the common cause is the Duckbill AC condenser drain.
There are some excellent posts giving how to remove the dashboard, how to access from below the engine plus access from above but all the posts I can find refer to pre 2009 cars and I did find one post advising that the duckbill on a 2010 is slightly different but didn’t say how or if access was different.
I used the AC Vents trick (close them all put AC on recirculation turn up the temperature to max then blow air back into one vent with tape around to stop air coming through) and it seemed to work with 2 pools of water under the car. However, if this problem is down to “sticky” rubber lips it could stick once again so I’d like to see if I can attempt to reach it without removing the interior and either putting silicone around the exit or putting a small pipe through the lips to hold it open/stop any build up.
So my question is: where is it on a 2010 car?
2010XK AC “Duckbill”
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: 2010XK AC “Duckbill”
Since I posted I’ve done research and my car is a 2010 model year and the “duckbill” was amended for the 2011 model year so all that I’ve read on other forums is applicable to my car.
I’ve purchased an endoscope to see if I can find it before going down the line of dashboard removal.
I’ve purchased an endoscope to see if I can find it before going down the line of dashboard removal.
Re: 2010XK AC “Duckbill”
Hi Trevor, the type of Ducks Bill used in the New XK changed during 2009, with the c/o being at VIN B34500, so cars in 2009 could still have the older, easily blocked version, whilst the 2010 MY cars will definitely have the newer version. In the photo below, the older / original version is at the top and the new / improved version is at the bottom.
Jim Mann
Jim Mann
Jim Mann
Banchory
Banchory
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
