As my front suspension is now off I will in parallel to the bodywork be going through and refurbing all the suspension elements.
I thought I’d start with the callipers….
I have the first one mostly stripped down - although not without woes.
Good news:
the caliper unbolted easily (where easily always means+48hours of plugas)
Cutting all the corroded brake lines at the unions allowed easy removal of the unions
The 4 piston housing bolts came out ok (where ok means some mangled nuts through nut gripper usage)
Bad news:
Both pistons are seized - not unexpected
The pad support securing bolts are fairly mangled and inaccessible
One of the pad supports is broken
Question: my googling skills have let me down, can anyone suggest where I might be able to get replacement pad supports as I suspect I may need a few?
The part numbers are 10097 (VBO.9221). 10098. (VBO.9222) you can see the snapped one and it’s pair with a broken retaining bolt
I was going to take a view on getting them sleeved once I get the pistons out
Not so g
Front Caliper parts 3.8S
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
-
steve.pritchard146

- Posts:69
- Joined:Sun May 05, 2019 9:44 am
- Location:Calne
Current:
2001 XKR silver, 2008 XJ Blue, 1986 Land Rover Defender, 1967 3.8S cream
Past:
S500, Porsche 944 Cab, Porsche 928 GT, porsche 944 Lux ,Volvo XC90,Volvo S80 T6,Jaguar XJS v12,Volvo C70,Mini R56 Cooper S,Land rover Discovery, Range Rover V8 HSE
2001 XKR silver, 2008 XJ Blue, 1986 Land Rover Defender, 1967 3.8S cream
Past:
S500, Porsche 944 Cab, Porsche 928 GT, porsche 944 Lux ,Volvo XC90,Volvo S80 T6,Jaguar XJS v12,Volvo C70,Mini R56 Cooper S,Land rover Discovery, Range Rover V8 HSE
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest