New Member Essex & Suffolk Border

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

User avatar
SilverXKR

Member
Posts:19
Joined:Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:03 pm
Location:Brantham, Suffolk
New Member Essex & Suffolk Border

Postby SilverXKR » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:48 am

Ken - Silverstone.JPG
I purchased my XKR Silverstone back in 2003 with just 11,000 miles on the clock. I had set out with the intention of buying an XK8 but suddenly this car appeared, only £10k over budget but with retirement looming, last chance, I just had to have it!

In 2012 I felt the I need for the convenience of four doors but without doubt the XKR was staying. So, retire the daily driver, hello XFS Portfolio.

Mileage, well XKR 93,000 - XFS 84,000. Undoubtedly the best two cars I have owned and that explains why I have owned them for so long.
DSCN3112.jpg
2016 XJ 3.0 Ltr Portfolio
2000 XKR Silverstone
2010 XF Portfolio (Sold)

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: New Member Essex & Suffolk Border

Postby mike020150 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Now you've run them in, you can begin to open them up and enjoy the performance. :D Great cars, both of them. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

User avatar
SilverXKR

Member
Posts:19
Joined:Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:03 pm
Location:Brantham, Suffolk

Re: New Member Essex & Suffolk Border

Postby SilverXKR » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:46 pm

I vowed to myself that the XF Portfolio would stay with it was such a great car but now look what's joined my XKR.
IMG_2312.JPG
XJ
2016 XJ 3.0 Ltr Portfolio
2000 XKR Silverstone
2010 XF Portfolio (Sold)

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: New Member Essex & Suffolk Border

Postby mike020150 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:47 pm

Once you've been bitten by the bug, there's no escape! :D Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

User avatar
3.8etypephil

Member
Posts:238
Joined:Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:23 pm
Location:Watton & Budapest.
Contact:

Re: New Member Essex & Suffolk Border

Postby 3.8etypephil » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Just up the road from me (North Colchester), welcome, keep an eye out for:
Summer wheels on at last..JPG
and:
IMG_1012 (2).JPG
Phil

2013 XFR
2008 XJR


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests