Windscreen replacement

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

RMA37
Posts:60
Joined:Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:29 am
Windscreen replacement

Postby RMA37 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:33 pm

I've got a nasty stone chip on my 1997 XK8 convertible windscreen, fortunately not an MOT failure. A crack is starting to propagate and I'm going to take it to have it assessed. Hopefully I might get away with a repair, but I was wondering if anyone on here has replaced theirs and what happened to the grey metal trim.

The trim on mine is like new and I don't want it damaged should the screen have to be replaced. Is this easy to remove when changing the screen, and if it gets damaged will the insurance cover it with the normal windscreen excess? I think new ones are about £400. I always insist on a manufacturers screen for my BMW even though the insurers always want to put a pattern part on. Do Jaguar still supply these via Pilkington?

Thanks for your help.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Windscreen replacement

Postby mike020150 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Various (with/without sensors etc) XK8 windscreens are still listed by Jaguar for purchase. The screen trims are easily damaged and currently, none are listed for the early coupe. That may mean they are out of stock, either temporarily or longer term. Hence, take pics of yours before you let any windscreen fitter get near them. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests