Series 1.5 cooling

Moderators:iRS, Art1012

heronscourt

Member
Posts:6
Joined:Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:22 pm
Series 1.5 cooling

Postby heronscourt » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:38 pm

I have a series 1.5 roadster under restoration. It has a series 1.5 / series 2 radiator and was presumably connected to the later water rail and bulkhead expansion tank and as its ex LHD presumably had the twin solex carbs and emissions pipe work. Sometime in its earlier life the water rail and carburettors were swapped for a series 1 water rail and triple SUs. Cam covers were switched from ribbed to smooth series 1 type. The radiator was left as was and the connection pipe work was a botch up with odd bits of non standard hoses. I'm going to replace the radiator with aluminium but don't want to revert to series 1 with single fan and frame mounted header tank. Ideally I'd like a series 2 rad for twin fan fixings but with connections to series 1 water rail, series 1.5 / 2 bulkhead expansion tank and correct top and bottom hose connections. Anyone done this carb and water rail conversion? Anyone with any suggestions? Can I get a one off special rad made up.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Series 1.5 cooling

Postby mike020150 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:47 am

If you are still pondering what to do with your E's cooling system, make contact with NAR at Northampton. The company is very helpful when solving cooling issues. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

heronscourt

Member
Posts:6
Joined:Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Re: Series 1.5 cooling

Postby heronscourt » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:12 pm

Thanks Mike. I put the cooling issue on the back burner as I had plenty of other jobs to do but it's now time to resurrect it. I'll try NAR.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest