Air temp sensor

Moderator:cawthrm

johncoldicott614

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Sat May 13, 2023 11:56 am
Air temp sensor

Postby johncoldicott614 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:42 pm

Hi, have a 2010 Xf with an annoying humming noise behind glove box. garage said air temp sensor, so got one off ebay (Jag don't have stock) and replaced, but noise (different sound) is still there, its like a intermittent buzzing noise.. very annoying although not that load.
QUESTION....What would happen if I simply removed it and didn't replace, just thinking I might try, so at least I can rule it out, or fund out what the noise might be.

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Air temp sensor

Postby andypryce » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:41 pm

I don't think it would do any harm, but why would a sensor make any noise? Sounds unlikely to me. More likely something related to the aircon, have you tried turning air con and fans off?
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998

johncoldicott614

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Sat May 13, 2023 11:56 am

Re: Air temp sensor

Postby johncoldicott614 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:12 am

Hi, apparently the sensor is complete with a small fan, and I was told this fan can get dust inside it...I'm not convinced, but still gating an odd buzz/hum noise. After just spending 350 quid in this I'm catious about throwing anymore money...I might see if Jag can fault find it...the sound is there whether aircin is on or off, and stops as soon as car turned off.

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Air temp sensor

Postby andypryce » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:58 am

In that case maybe pull the fuse for the Aircon and see if the noise disappears? Not sure which fuse, but handbook should say.
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Air temp sensor

Postby andypryce » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:00 am

Or indeed is there a separate fuse for the temp sensor? Presumably this is measuring interior temperature?
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Air temp sensor

Postby andypryce » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:03 am

Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest