J box and sport mode button XKR 2003.
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Manual gear selection on J box selector and sport button work for about 20 minutes driving then light on sport button goes off and manual gears can no longer be selected when moving over from auto. Any ideas on problem please?
-
andrew.graham97934

- Posts:107
- Joined:Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:14 pm
Re: J box and sport mode button XKR 2003.
I have a similar problem, intermittently .
From what I have read it can be caused by implausible signals being sent from the linear switch in the gear selector.
I have yet to investigate myself. Apparently the switch can be opened up with care, and the tracks cleaned up.
But I stress I haven't done this yet myself, so anybody who has and can offer advice, I too would be interested.
From what I have read it can be caused by implausible signals being sent from the linear switch in the gear selector.
I have yet to investigate myself. Apparently the switch can be opened up with care, and the tracks cleaned up.
But I stress I haven't done this yet myself, so anybody who has and can offer advice, I too would be interested.
Re: J box and sport mode button XKR 2003.
You might like to look at this topic where I took out the linear switch on my 2001 XKR and cleaned it up. Ignore the first 2 pages of posts as I worked through some other problems
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=14725&start=30&sid ... db2a7f3545
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=14725&start=30&sid ... db2a7f3545
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: J box and sport mode button XKR 2003.
Are you getting any fault lights on dash, eg gearbox fault? The other area that causes problems is the rotary switch on the gearbox itself.
Andy
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
Re: J box and sport mode button XKR 2003.
Not happy with what I was thinking
Edited out for a re-think
Edited out for a re-think
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport
2024 XE 300 Sport
Re: J box and sport mode button XKR 2003.
On reflection I think if it’s the rotary switch the gearbox goes into failsafe mode and locks in gear 3. So the linear switch more likely culprit.
Andy
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
