Topaz metallic

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

iaind

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:23 am
Topaz metallic

Postby iaind » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:20 pm

What are the members' views of Topaz metallic for an XK8?

I'm in two minds.

Does it suit the car?

Is it a sellable colour?

I'd appreciate anyone's views on the subject.

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Topaz metallic

Postby mike020150 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:33 am

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but colours come and go with the fashions! Right now, I'd suggest that Topaz isn't the most fashionable of colours but who cares if the car is in good condition and drives wonderfully? Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

iaind

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:23 am

Re: Topaz metallic

Postby iaind » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:57 am

Thank you for your reply, Mike.

steve_m
Posts:1441
Joined:Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am
Location:Wiltshire

Re: Topaz metallic

Postby steve_m » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:46 pm

One man's topaz is another man's beige.
I had a topaz (or very similar before someone corrects me) XJ40 a while back and it looked very smart.

JimMann

Member
Posts:631
Joined:Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:02 pm
Location:Aberdeenshire

Re: Topaz metallic

Postby JimMann » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:13 pm

Hi Ian, I doubt anyone is going to come on the Forum and criticise anyone's choice of colour for their Modern XK, but Topaz - really? Not when there are so many fine colours in the Modern XK palette out there to choose from, complemented by contrasting interior colours where appropriate.
Jim Mann
Jim Mann
Banchory

User avatar
Lucky

Member
Posts:142
Joined:Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:08 am
Location:Worcestershire

Re: Topaz metallic

Postby Lucky » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:40 pm

Well I think it's a lovely colour. My Merc estate was a very similar colour and it looked fantastic with appropriate interior trim colours - beige and wood in the case of the Merc. When I bought my XK8 it wasn't a colour I would have chosen (Quartz Grey) but everything else was right so I accepted it. Topaz was definitely on my list.
2017 F-Pace 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Portfolio in Indus Silver (sold)
2001 XK8 4.0 Coupe in Quartz
1989 XJ40 4.0 Sovereign (gone but not forgotten)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest