Replacing brake hoses

Moderators:jBlackwell, mike020150

rsharpe

Member
Posts:28
Joined:Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:57 pm
Replacing brake hoses

Postby rsharpe » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:57 am

I am due for a service at 5 years and 53K miles. Jaguar recommend new flexible brake hoses. Does anyone know a specific rationale for this? Generally we replace them if we see any leakage - I have never known this as a scheduled item? Feels to me that although there is a tenuous safety reason if feels unnecessary, wasteful and expensive!
2017 F-Pace Portfolio 240PS (Loire Blue / Cappuccino) Panoramic

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Replacing brake hoses

Postby mike020150 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:48 pm

Other than it being generally good practice to replace flexible hoses periodically, I can't say I have come across anything specific about the F-pace which makes it more important to change the flexies at 5 years. I would be more inclined to change any standard 'rubber' flexy for a braided version simply to gain improved brake pedal feel. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

rsharpe

Member
Posts:28
Joined:Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:57 pm

Re: Replacing brake hoses

Postby rsharpe » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:37 pm

Thanks Mike, I'll look into those braided hoses.
2017 F-Pace Portfolio 240PS (Loire Blue / Cappuccino) Panoramic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests