Jaguar Jamboree Day - Beaulieu Sunday 19th july

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire
Jaguar Jamboree Day - Beaulieu Sunday 19th july

Postby dhdove » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:48 am

Dear All

Whilst surfing around looking for events I came across this.......

http://www.beaulieuautojumble.co.uk/beaulieu/jaguarday

Looks like fun, I hadn't heard of this event tho' I'm sure it's in the Club magazine somewhere. It's not the most accessible place and I am only too aware that it's no good for a day out for those further north (sorry guys, I haven't forgotten you honestly :oops: ).

However it's YEARS - fifteen? since we've been to Beaulieu and this looks like a great excuse to re-visit so if Libs allows I think we/I may take a run down there next Sunday (haven't told her yet......... :? )

See you there perhaps :?:

Regards
Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Jaguar Jamboree Day - Beaulieu Sunday 19th july

Postby poprivet » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:05 pm

If you can wait a couple of weeks, JEC has announced this one at Beaulieu

http://www.jec.org.uk/jec-new/frame.php?src=sshow2

Only cars over 20 years old can be 'exhibited' though :cry:

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Jaguar Jamboree Day - Beaulieu Sunday 19th july

Postby dhdove » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:25 pm

"Only cars over 20 years old can be 'exhibited' though"

That rules me out Pop. Anyway it may be nice to go to a "general" jag do rather than a JEC event, also nice to catch the official opening of a jag display at Beaulieu.

However, I have just realised this week that it's Open Championship time once again. One of my great pleasures is to watch this on the box every year (you may think me sad, I couldn't possibly comment). With Tom Watson up at the top it will be a tough call and one that I will probably make early Sunday morning........I suspect Beaulieu will win out.

I'll post anyway just in case anyone else decides to go at the last minute.

Regards
Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Jaguar Jamboree Day - Beaulieu Sunday 19th july

Postby dhdove » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:08 am

Dear All

I'm all ready for the off BUT have made a last minute decision NOT to go.

The main reason, surprise surprise, is the weather. All forecasts are for heavy showers and as I write this it's absolutely bucketing down outside.....I know, I'm a fair weather enthusiast...sorry :cry:

Since it's a five hour round trip and forty quids worth of gas I think I'll stay home and watch the golf - who know's perhaps the fairytale will come true and Tom Watson will win it.

Maybe some of us more southerly members could go to the Jaguar Exhibition another time?

If anyone does go please could you report back?

Regards
Tony
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests