electronic 123 issues

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

benpickstock137

Member
Posts:2
Joined:Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 pm
electronic 123 issues

Postby benpickstock137 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:12 am

I have recently had my 1967 mark 2 jag restored and a 123 electronic system fitted. Work was completed Feb 2020.
The car has been running really well until the other day when the engine suddenly cut out.
To cut to the chase, I called in a auto electrician who identified the problem as a failure of the 123 device. Apparently when the engine reaches running temperature the system fails!
Can anyone help with this, all very confusing to a novice!
Cheers
Ben

Doherto

Member
Posts:212
Joined:Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:25 pm
Location:Manchester

Re: electronic 123 issues

Postby Doherto » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:40 am

Ben, i fitted a new 123 to my 240 which i completed in april this year and i can only sing it's praises. However i did contact the manufacturer at one point by e mail, and they were very helpful. Basically i bought a posative earth version and before I completed the rebuild I wanted to convert to negative earth. When I contacted them they replied quickly with the wiring solution which saved me selling the posative earth version to buy a new negative earth version. I will try to dig out the email address for you and get back to you later today. Tony

Doherto

Member
Posts:212
Joined:Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:25 pm
Location:Manchester

Re: electronic 123 issues

Postby Doherto » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:40 am

Ben, i do not have the email address i used but this is the link to their web site with all their contact details.

https://albertronic.com

Hope i helps

Doherto

Member
Posts:212
Joined:Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:25 pm
Location:Manchester

Re: electronic 123 issues

Postby Doherto » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:42 am

Hope it helps, sorry


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests