Morocco Red Celebration Convertible

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

jec763
Posts:1
Joined:Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:09 pm
Morocco Red Celebration Convertible

Postby jec763 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi ... I’m trying to track the previous owner of a lovely low mileage morocco red convertible who was a JEC member. Reg M998 .... but also carried a couple of personal plates in its time. Its still lovely and I am keen to contact any of the five previous owners to learn a bit more of its history.

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Morocco Red Celebration Convertible

Postby ptjs1 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi jec763,

If you write to David Randall, the XJS Model Co-Ordinator with your VIN, David will be able to search the old JEC XJS database which may reveal details of the previous owner. If so, David can then ask the previous owner if it's ok for you to contact them.

Good luck

Paul


PS Morocco Red is a great colour! So dark it almost looks black at times - lovely!
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Morocco Red Celebration Convertible

Postby davidr » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:26 pm

Always happy to help. Either PM me on here or email to XJS.jec@gmail.com
Regards
David Randall
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Morocco Red Celebration Convertible

Postby poprivet » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Firstly I hope the op gets the information he needs but I wonder if the club is within GDPR rules about contacting previous owners? It's not about giving information out but rather about collating and keeping information about members. Organisations normally have to ask their users what information can be kept or used.

If someone was to approach the DVLA I'm sure they wouldn't contact previous keepers.

Not wishing to upset anyone, just making sure the club is keeping within rules, I'm no expert so maybe it's absolutely fine.

Al

User avatar
Zennan101
Posts:524
Joined:Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:40 pm
Location:South Devon - UK

Re: Morocco Red Celebration Convertible

Postby Zennan101 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:36 pm

Hi Al,

You raise an interesting question that made me reread the Clubs privacy policy. I think the principle is covered in that the Club states that data it holds on members can be used to communicate with them and that data held on a member can be released to a third party with the members permission. I read that as saying that if the Club asks a member if it can provide specific details held on that member to another member and permission is granted the data can be released.

I think the key issue here will be maintaining a proper audit trail to prove that permission to release data has been sought and obtained. I also think that given the nature of the Club it could become a major administrative task.

I look forward to the Club’s response to your query.

Rod
Ex 2010 XF 3.0 Luxury Diesel
Ex 2004 XK8 Coupe


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests