Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

User avatar
BigCatXJS

Moderator
Posts:744
Joined:Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 am
Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby BigCatXJS » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi,
I can confirm a party of 1 for March 28th at KWE.

I would like to bring 2 guests, but if there is a numbers cap, then I'll come on my own.

Thanks, Rich.
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby Brakebuster » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:24 pm

i will be there

on my own wit the 8

BB 8)
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

User avatar
davidm
Posts:39
Joined:Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:10 pm
Location:Hampshire

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby davidm » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi DH
Thanks for arranging this.
Its in my diary for 28th
see you there
David
XJ-S V12 5.3 convertible, 1990 - Runs on AUTOGAS... and MGA roadster

SimonR

Member
Posts:578
Joined:Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby SimonR » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Good work! I'm keeping the 28th free.

I'd love to get my S looked at KWE - I've not had an expert look at it since I bought it so their opinion on its condition and things I should be looking at would be most useful.

Is it wrong to be a bit excited about this?!
Current cars: [b]1989 XJ-S 3.6 Manual[/b] & [b]2003 XK8 4.2L
[/b]
Previously enjoyed cars: other 3.6 Manual XJ-Ss and Daimler 4.0L XJ40s

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby dhdove » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Dear All

I hope it's not wrong to be excited about this Simon, hopefully it will be a great day out! Also have got you down as first bags on the ramp for us to suck our breath in through our teeth..............oooh, looks expensive........ 8)

I have confirmed Saturday 28th March as the date for the KWE trip.
Chris Knowles says that he thinks a maximum number of twenty people on the day...........so far i have thirteen cars (inc. self) and eighteen people inc guests....sooooooo

If you haven't already said that you want to come do please express your interest soon or you will miss out. If we have more members interested we may have to cut the number of guests to one (if you think that's fair Peter and Rich?).

I am starting a new thread for CONFIRMED attendance, please can you all post there.

Happy motoring

DH Dove
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby poprivet » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:12 pm

I hope I'm not being a party pooper, but I reckon (and hope) this visit could get over-subscribed :D

In which case I would personally like to see 20 XJS's each with a driver then 10 XJS's and some other cars with a total of 20 visitors. which could leave other XJS's unable to attend :cry:

Sorry for being a pain, but this is the XJS Forum is it not.

Pop

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby Brakebuster » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:33 pm

pop,


some of our XJS's arnt in a drivable condition at the moment,

does that exclude us, even if we still own one

BB ?
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

SimonR

Member
Posts:578
Joined:Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby SimonR » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:36 pm

I hope it's not wrong to be excited about this Simon, hopefully it will be a great day out! Also have got you down as first bags on the ramp for us to suck our breath in through our teeth..............oooh, looks expensive........ 8)


Haha - yes, well it's a distinct possibility that it'll be bad news! I looked it over as closely as possible before buying it about 18 months ago but then it's been locked in a garage and not moved very far for the past 12. I really can't wait to get it MoTed and drive it again.

I already know of a couple of electrical issues that I'd like to ask KWE about but hopefully the underneath isn't in too bad condition.

We'll see I guess ;)

Anyway - at least there'll be some sympathetic shoulders to cry on!
Current cars: [b]1989 XJ-S 3.6 Manual[/b] & [b]2003 XK8 4.2L
[/b]
Previously enjoyed cars: other 3.6 Manual XJ-Ss and Daimler 4.0L XJ40s

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby dhdove » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:23 pm

Pop

Yes, I hear what you are saying and there is certainly some merit in it. On the other hand I would hate to prevent someone from going because their car is off the road for whatever reason.

This forum is closed to all but JEC Members and I guess most if not all of those who post have an XJS.

I think in the best tradition of sitting on the fence I'll see how it goes!

I do agree that if there are additional members who want to take their cars some of the passengers may have to miss out. Having said that I don't think the limit on numbers is so hard and fast that we have to worry over an extra one or two people.

If it turns out that there is a rush of lots of extra people then they are going to be disappointed........this trip has been on the Forum for three weeks now and was always going to be popular..

Best Wishes

DH Dove
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.

User avatar
BigCatXJS

Moderator
Posts:744
Joined:Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 am

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby BigCatXJS » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi,
I will break the news to my wife and child that they can't come :(


No issue really :)

In all seriousness, I personally think it only fair that first reserve goes to XJ-S owners (whether on-road or SORN for restoration work). I have confirmed my attendence on the other post, as requested.

Many thanks, Rich.
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Spring 2009 Outing - Forum Visit to KWE Jaguars

Postby dhdove » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:43 pm

Rich

Don't do anything for the moment, as I said let's see how things go.

I hope it will be OK for everyone who wants to attend to do so, after all the youngsters are the next generation of Jag owners :) Your wife is very welcome too, she can compare notes with Libs on XJS nutters, tho' there again that may not be a good thing!

Just wait and see eh?

DH Dove
XJS Bulletin Board Moderator
2013 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG, 420bhp. Plenty for me, thank you.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests