I discovered a 80's era alarm/immobiliser on my 87 Daimler. its been disconnected thank god as I had issues on my merc e320 from the same era.
they are not up to todays standard and can (will) cause issues. its a GUN 3400 made by GUNTON and I want it removed as its a mess. it's positioned behind the passenger knee pad.
anyone had one of these before or maybe any issues with disconnection ?
8o's tech alarm/immobiliser
Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag
Re: 8o's tech alarm/immobiliser
well I removed it and all its wiring which was a mess not just inside the car but in the engine bay.
even though it was disconnected I still fretted over cutting a wire which was still connected to some wiring or another so after cutting one wire at a time I tried the ignition to ensure it still worked and did this on every one until I got carried away under the bonnet where I forgot and just cut 4 wires. I tried the ignition...……...NOTHING !, knowing the battery is old and knackered (like me) I charged it up and now is all fine …………... PHEW !
pic attached is most of it
even though it was disconnected I still fretted over cutting a wire which was still connected to some wiring or another so after cutting one wire at a time I tried the ignition to ensure it still worked and did this on every one until I got carried away under the bonnet where I forgot and just cut 4 wires. I tried the ignition...……...NOTHING !, knowing the battery is old and knackered (like me) I charged it up and now is all fine …………... PHEW !
pic attached is most of it
Re: 8o's tech alarm/immobiliser
Don't forget to recycle in the correct bin.
Or donate to a motor museum.
Or donate to a motor museum.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
