My 2.5 petrol X type is tricky to fill, no matter where I place the nozzle the flow automatically shots off repeatedly.
Also at time I get the engine warning light - could this be a faulty filler cap The fault code I get is for the spray transfer pump, Any thoughts?
Hard to fill
Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight
Re: Hard to fill
That is a tricky one.
When you say 'at the same time' do you mean that you have your engine running at the same time as you are filling or is the engine warning light on all the time?
I don't believe that there is any connection between the fuel filler cap and the engine management system.
As for difficulty filling the tank it sounds like there may be a blockage in the filler pipe.
Try to get hold of an intrinsically safe flexible inspection camera (like an endoscope) and stick it down the pipe.
When you say 'at the same time' do you mean that you have your engine running at the same time as you are filling or is the engine warning light on all the time?
I don't believe that there is any connection between the fuel filler cap and the engine management system.
As for difficulty filling the tank it sounds like there may be a blockage in the filler pipe.
Try to get hold of an intrinsically safe flexible inspection camera (like an endoscope) and stick it down the pipe.
Re: Hard to fill
Does the problem occur at every service station? I visit one service station where filling up is always a challenge as I think the fuel delivery rate is too high for my XF and it constantly cuts out the delivery. Normally I give up after half a tank. Everywhere else my XF fills OK.
Probably a red herring but worth eliminating the problem is not at the end you don't have to fix.
Probably a red herring but worth eliminating the problem is not at the end you don't have to fix.
Ex 2010 XF 3.0 Luxury Diesel
Ex 2004 XK8 Coupe
Ex 2004 XK8 Coupe
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests