Hi
I've recently bought two '95 XJR sixes, one for a daily driver (auto) and a manual non runner that I want as an engine donor for another Jaguar car. The manual non-runner lights up the ignition/warning lights but fails to turn the starter on the key. A look at the GEMS ECU revealed water ingress and on removing the ECU I found one of the pins broken (18 on the black plug). I'm not going to use the ECU on the donor car but would like to get the engine/gearbox running before removing it to get an idea of their condition. Would I be able to run it with an ECU from an auto (without swapping the Eproms). I don't want to get too involved as I plan on using an aftermarket ECU in the transplant as I want to keep the wiring as simple as possible.
Thanks for reading.
Kev
Hi XJR ECU help please
Re: Hi XJR ECU help please
Hi Kev - please think again before breaking an X300 manual XJR. These are rare cars nowadays!
Re: Hi XJR ECU help please
That's one of the reasons I'd like to get it running so I can have a good look at it on a ramp. It's high mileage and I suspect it's rotten but would like to confirm that first.
Re: Hi XJR ECU help please
You may have seen in the Club magazine that there is a special meeting coming up for manual XJR enthusiasts later this year. This will be a very exclusive meeting!
Re: Hi XJR ECU help please
Hello kevleaper,
You might get a more informed answer if you posted your question in the X300 Forum.
Not that I have anything against the X300 but this Forum is for the X308 Model.
Or perhaps one of the moderators could move it to the appropriate Forum.
Sorry to be picky
.
Hope you get your answer anyway and good luck.
Take Care.
Andy
You might get a more informed answer if you posted your question in the X300 Forum.
Not that I have anything against the X300 but this Forum is for the X308 Model.
Or perhaps one of the moderators could move it to the appropriate Forum.
Sorry to be picky
Hope you get your answer anyway and good luck.
Take Care.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Hi XJR ECU help please
No worries, I've posted on the X300 now - so this thread can be deleted if anyone reading has the power.
Cheers Kev
Cheers Kev
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

