As the title says.
Just wondering if anyone know of this car?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-JAGUAR- ... 3182598069
Thinking of having a look.
Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Looks very nice and well worth a look
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Thanks David, just have to wait 2 weeks until I get off the ship!
- RichardSEL
- Posts:845
- Joined:Thu May 26, 2016 6:29 pm
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Steve... FWIW it's SORN and MOT expires 9th next month -- but does look the part
Richard (ex-R/o)
Richard (ex-R/o)
Gone: '59 Mark I, '56 Mark VIIM, '59 Mark IX, '01 XJ8 Sovereign 4L LWB, '01 XJ8 Sport 3.2L, '01 XJ8 Exec 3.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Thanks Richard, I looked at that; it does seem to munch it's front wheel bearings!
Spookily enough it's my birthday on the 9th so maybe it's a sign?
Not sure if it's a good sign or a bad one but definitely a sign!
Spookily enough it's my birthday on the 9th so maybe it's a sign?
Not sure if it's a good sign or a bad one but definitely a sign!
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Bought it!
Well, traded the XJR-s for it.
Well, traded the XJR-s for it.
Re: Thinking of having a look.
If someone could be in the right direction I would be grateful.
No cruise control.
Traction light came on today.
Bulb failure warning light on all the time even though all the bulbs seem to work.
Scratchy/ warbling stereo; it is affecting all the speakers so I guess that they are ok and is related to the amp in the head unit?
Intermittent handbrake on warning light.
Barely visible trip meter (invisible at night).
Clock buggered; I know someone fixes them but I can't find who.
Other than that it seems fine!
No cruise control.
Traction light came on today.
Bulb failure warning light on all the time even though all the bulbs seem to work.
Scratchy/ warbling stereo; it is affecting all the speakers so I guess that they are ok and is related to the amp in the head unit?
Intermittent handbrake on warning light.
Barely visible trip meter (invisible at night).
Clock buggered; I know someone fixes them but I can't find who.
Other than that it seems fine!
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Well, thanks.
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Tetchy!!Well, thanks.
Some of that sounds like the consequences of sitting around in a dealers yard for who knows how long. Give the battery a good charge and see what clears.
You will have an OBD2 port so read the codes, note them down, clear them all out and then see what comes back again.
Cruise control could be many things but when I rescued my Celebration XJS (which has a lot in common with your X300) my cruise didn't work and it turned out to be the control/dump valve stuck.
Handbrake warning lamp - probably a bit of corrosion in the switch contacts in the lever mechanism or a dodgy earth.
Trip meter - assuming all the other instruments are visible and it's not just that the rheostat is turned right down then probably a blown bulb in the instrument pack.
Clock buggered - standard X300!
Stereo - don't know!
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Thanks David.
Yep, grumpy mode in full operation.
Local guys seem to think that the cruise and traction controls could be linked by a dodgy wheel speed sensor.
Trip display is LED (or LCD) so not sure if bulbs are involved or not.
Do you know the of guy who repairs the clocks?
I've done a couple of hundred miles so far and it drives quite nicely although there is excessive vibration at 70mph so a wheel balance is in order.
It's booked in for an all over check, brake fluid flush/renew and coolant change next week so I'll get the codes read then.
Yep, grumpy mode in full operation.
Local guys seem to think that the cruise and traction controls could be linked by a dodgy wheel speed sensor.
Trip display is LED (or LCD) so not sure if bulbs are involved or not.
Do you know the of guy who repairs the clocks?
I've done a couple of hundred miles so far and it drives quite nicely although there is excessive vibration at 70mph so a wheel balance is in order.
It's booked in for an all over check, brake fluid flush/renew and coolant change next week so I'll get the codes read then.
- RichardSEL
- Posts:845
- Joined:Thu May 26, 2016 6:29 pm
Re: Thinking of having a look.
I don't know whether the X300 gives individual readout for each speed sensor so telling you which one is faultyLocal guys seem to think that the cruise and traction controls could be linked by a dodgy wheel speed sensor.
<snip>
It's booked in for an all over check, brake fluid flush/renew and coolant change next week so I'll get the codes read then.
On the X308 and later that's possible. Meantime get to each one, clean the reluctance rotor. And check all four
sensor units are actually there and connected
Good luck
Gone: '59 Mark I, '56 Mark VIIM, '59 Mark IX, '01 XJ8 Sovereign 4L LWB, '01 XJ8 Sport 3.2L, '01 XJ8 Exec 3.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Thanks chaps, much appreciated.
Re: Thinking of having a look.
My iCarsoft 930 reads my 1996 XJS (when I kid it on that the car is an X300) and will give individual readings for each of the 4 ABS sensors. I know because I had an ABS fault and narrowed it down to the front right sensor.
So full diagnostics on the ABS system is possible
So full diagnostics on the ABS system is possible
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Sounds promising!
-
damedaphne
- Posts:14
- Joined:Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:47 pm
Re: Thinking of having a look.
Good morning,
When i bought the Daimler - i had a abs fault light and iffy oil pressure sensor. The ABS cleared after a few long drives. These X300 does not like being sat for weeks/months on end. The more i drove the Daimler the better it became and started to show where the issues truly are... So keep driving the XJR.
Got to get me one of those 930 readers though!
Hope your enjoying your new purchase!
Jamie
When i bought the Daimler - i had a abs fault light and iffy oil pressure sensor. The ABS cleared after a few long drives. These X300 does not like being sat for weeks/months on end. The more i drove the Daimler the better it became and started to show where the issues truly are... So keep driving the XJR.
Got to get me one of those 930 readers though!
Hope your enjoying your new purchase!
Jamie
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests
